i'm normal and thought of 3rd kits for every weapon

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
first and foremost, the list!

this was a project i started while chill season was getting revealed, since we're getting pretty close to having 2nd kits on every weapon now. i was bored and was stuck waiting in a parking lot for several hours with only my phone, so i booted up google docs and, with the help of my girlfriend, we brainstormed kit ideas for every single weapon in the game! it even includes 2 kits for the 20ish weapons that haven't received a 2nd kit yet

these kit ideas try to balance what i think is realistic for the game, while also trying to make sure every kit would actually be fun. it also makes an attempt to have a healthy spread of specials: the final version of this list manages to put EVERY special on exactly 10 kits, with an exception of splashdown which i could only fit on 9. that's just how the math worked out sorry splashdown!

some personal highlights (one or two from each class):
  • squeezer, toxic mist, zipcaster: this kit was on splash in a trailer i think, but i like it better on squeezer. trapping ppl with mist would give the main weapon an easier time hitting their shots, and zipcaster on squeezer would just feel so powerful and cool
  • .52 gal, curling bomb, inkjet: curling honestly wouldnt feel that bad on it imo, since it has a fast kill time, and would let it set up its inkjet quickly. the inkjet would combo very nicely with the main weapon, making it easy to chase people down if you've weakened them
  • snipewriter, burst bomb, super chumps: this is the charger that burst bomb would be most fair on, since it can only use a burst bomb if it wants to sacrifice any charges it might have. the burst bomb of course would combo very well with one of those charges, as would the chumps, plus the burst bomb could be thrown at someone thats nearly dead to chumps as well. i know snipewriter is like busted right now but let's assume it's a balanced and fair main weapon ok
  • dynamo roller, burst bomb, killer wail 5.1: burst bomb would be insanely good for finishing off combos, and killer wail makes for an immediate ink-tank refill which sounds very helpful for it, as well as making its one-shots more consistent / have further range
  • range blaster, toxic mist, tacticooler: mist lets it trap enemies for landing a direct on them or keep them from running from its AoE, even through walls. tacticooler would let it chase people down much more aggressively than it normally can, and it benefits especially well from the intensify action. don't worry crb splat bomb kraken is also on the list, i'm not crazy
  • inkbrush, autobomb, splattercolor screen: it could use autobomb to keep people occupied as it runs around them and swings at them. screen would also let it dodge around people easier since it will be even more difficult for them to hit their shots
  • explosher, ink mine, zipcaster: very weird idea but hear me out. this is the only backline that could reasonably get zipcaster, since it has no jump rng or charge time and its main weapon can combo with the zip's in multiple ways, on top of being able to be safely out of people's reach with how long range the main weapon can be. mine is just a good sub for backlines, and the location would of course be particularly helpful for this weapon, comboing with a direct hit and being able to set it up at its recall point to know if someone's camping it
  • dread wringer, beakon, big bubbler: idea behind beakon is similar to custom dualie squelchers, it has good painting range so it can go deep pretty safely. it'd be the only slosher with a bubble, which would be an interesting niche since you could put it on high ground, which makes it very hard for people to kill you while you have an easy angle on them. i think prochara had both beakon and bubbler very low on his preferred kit tier list but oh well i like this idea lol
  • nautilus, curling bomb, trizooka: curling bomb would let it approach with its charge hold very quickly and generally be very mobile. trizooka can also work well with curling to let it move closer / back away from targets quickly
  • tetras, ink mine, kraken: tetras can get deep into enemy turf and place mines to distract them, and kraken would let it do this to an even more extreme extent, plus it would have incredible survivability once the special ends. would easily be a top 3 kit for me if it happened
  • tenta brella, suction bomb, big bubbler: tent shield can corral people into a suction bomb and trap them with lethal damage, and it can use its shield to put its bubbler in an aggressive position, protecting it while its shield regenerates
  • splatana wiper, ink mine, ink storm: mine would combo with a single charge slash, and storm would make it a 3-shot with its horizontal slashes. the storm can also generally let it move into the enemy base and set up, letting it hold a position there. also, since the recent buff, it would also get to heal while maintaing pressure with horizontal slashes, which sounds really nice for the weapon too
  • reef-lux, splat bomb, inkjet: finally an aggressive sub weapon, helping it with its inconsistent threat level at short range. it would be able to get a lot of inkjets. it sounds fun to me

i know that's a LOT but i'm curious to hear people's thoughts on these! would love to hear what kits people like, or hate, or just their own kits they think could happen instead of what i wrote down here. in general i just love thinking about kit design for this game so even if you don't wanna read all that i'm curious what kinds of things people think could happen for future kits

(also, side note: i originally had written down ideas for the upcoming new weapons just guessing based on the datamined internal names, but i didn't include that because a] idk whether datamines are too spoilery for these forums and wanted to err on the side of not including them, and b] they're like 99% gonna be wrong anyway lol)
(also hopefully that doc link works it's hard to test if it does)

Tableturfer

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1759-0136-2311
Burst Cooler Painbrush? This list is valid.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
Burst Cooler Painbrush? This list is valid.
that kit is definitely one i really hope happens because i'm sure i'd pick it up if it did
none of the current cooler options in the game appeal to me much, it would be nice to have a fun cooler weapon like painbrush

Ktdubz

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1873-9192-0517
I want one of the brushes to get kraken so bad, it just seems like it would be fun

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
dualie squelchers, mist, screen
I dig mist but I don't think screen will fit DS. DS requires precise aiming, especially while jumping and rolling around and having screen entirely block your front view will hurt it more than help it. Personally I think kraken or ink storm would be better for DS

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
I dig mist but I don't think screen will fit DS. DS requires precise aiming, especially while jumping and rolling around and having screen entirely block your front view will hurt it more than help it. Personally I think kraken or ink storm would be better for DS
that's fair, though i think the same could be said for squeezer, and from my experience it's not too much of a problem to land shots with that... something like thermal ink would easily help DS be able to land shots, i feel like. storm is a good alternative though, i like that

cupdoggiedog

Inkling
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-3211-3166-6051
kinda hate how much ink beakons take and how they force dread to kind of play a more supportive role so i personally wouldn’t put it on dread (i want mist, auto, or fizzy).

bubbler isn’t a terrible idea, i get the jist of what is wanted from it but i feel like dread is a little too aggressive to benefit from bubbler. rain is my first choice for it (especially after the buff) but i think also think chumps, zooka and kraken could be good for it!

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
that's fair, though i think the same could be said for squeezer, and from my experience it's not too much of a problem to land shots with that... something like thermal ink would easily help DS be able to land shots, i feel like. storm is a good alternative though, i like that
DS is already pretty gear dependent, so sacrificing a main for thermal ink wouldn't be something I'd personally do. I dig the list in general, it's a fun thought experiment!

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
kinda hate how much ink beakons take and how they force dread to kind of play a more supportive role so i personally wouldn’t put it on dread (i want mist, auto, or fizzy).

bubbler isn’t a terrible idea, i get the jist of what is wanted from it but i feel like dread is a little too aggressive to benefit from bubbler. rain is my first choice for it (especially after the buff) but i think also think chumps, zooka and kraken could be good for it!
my idea for that dread kit was to give it a super-support role; since the main weapon paints super well i feel like it could make for a really good support weapon that tries to play more for helping its team than for itself

that being said i don't think the kit is actually super likely, at least not for its second kit. the list also has a dread kit of torpedo + wail which definitely leans far more into the aggression that the main weapon has. storm could be cool for it too though, yeah; maybe i could swap my special predictions for undercover and dread, giving dread torpedo+storm and giving under3rd mist+wail? i didn't really like having storm on undercover because despite how good the synergy is i think it's absolutely not happening with how similar it is to screen

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
DS is already pretty gear dependent, so sacrificing a main for thermal ink wouldn't be something I'd personally do.
that does make sense yeah, i think DS just deserves some buffs in that regard though honestly. weapon is so dang hard to use

wow there was a lot of thought put into this!
yeah! like i said i'd been working on this since before chill season even dropped, so it's been cooking for a couple months by now. had a lot of time to sort out all my thoughts on everything

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
aw :< that one's honestly one of my favorites on the list, it already has a pretty perfect aggressive kit so i liked the idea of something a bit more supportive but with elements that it can use selfishly too (unlike the deco kit where i feel like it can't really use either aspect of it selfishly)
i'm curious what kit you'd prefer on it though

wintuhh

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2857-2737-3098
i'm curious what kit you'd prefer on it though
torp and missiles r already like literally the best on it its so ****ed up, call me weird all you want but i would LOVE angle shooter on this weapon oh my god being able to hit someone directly after hitting a vertical would be so nice, and wails would definitely help when it tries to fight like a shot that keeps rushing it down

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
torp and missiles r already like literally the best on it its so ****ed up, call me weird all you want but i would LOVE angle shooter on this weapon oh my god being able to hit someone directly after hitting a vertical would be so nice, and wails would definitely help when it tries to fight like a shot that keeps rushing it down
that's pretty fair, i'm a defender of line marker too so i can see it working for it. it's honestly kinda a shame burst bomb is on splatana stamper since i feel like it would've combo'd better with wiper tbh, but oh well

hippoueenv

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4152-6254-4922
your bamboozler and hydra kits are horrific monstrosities can you never talk about those weapons ever again

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
your bamboozler and hydra kits are horrific monstrosities can you never talk about those weapons ever again
whaaat they aren't thaaat bad
actually i can't speak much for the hydra kits since it's not a weapon i'm super familiar with but i think the concepts are good
but the bamboo kits i think would honestly be pretty good if we assume the specials are actually good. they aren't right now but like imagine

Tableturfer

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1759-0136-2311
Gotta disagree about the 'Boozler, but yeah those Hydra kits are... not good (ink mines could maybe work). I think point sensor and crab would be a good kit for Hydra.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i've never really liked the idea of putting crab on a backline splatling, it feels redundant to me. that goes for backlines in general honestly, i put it on splat charger since splat charger can't really put out sustained fire in the same way any other backline can

i could see point sensor being a better fit for hydra than line marker; again, the Gift of Dart is assuming line marker is actually good, which it definitely isn't right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom