i'm normal and thought of 3rd kits for every weapon

raltsi

Inkling
adore the blob kit! i miss wall as its sub so much T_T wavebreaker is a really interesting special for it as well, and could potentially remove the common thermal ink gear ran on it for a different shirt slot. i personally have always vouched for wall/vac but i think i like this kit just as much!

Tableturfer

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1759-0136-2311
i've never really liked the idea of putting crab on a backline splatling, it feels redundant to me. that goes for backlines in general honestly, i put it on splat charger since splat charger can't really put out sustained fire in the same way any other backline can
Okay, but what does a Hydra want to do when threatened? Move backwards or forwards quickly? I'm pretty sure it'd be ideal to rotate into another lane by moving sideways quickly. Crab is good for this, no? Other crab weapons set up the crab in a backline position, Hydra can use the crab to switch backline positions.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
hm, that's a pretty good argument for it i'll give you that
i can't be bothered to figure out how i'd change the specials for it since i have a very delicate balance going on to keep every special at 10 kits but you make a strong case for my hydra kits being bad lol. maybe if i find some other weapon that deserves bubbler more than crab i could swap it out but that feels unlikely

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
Bro I'm sorry but... Mist/splashdown flingza is like, next season kits kinda bad

stripes

Inkling
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1324-9025-8915
i play reeflux in competitive and am a big proponent of splat bomb, though i will point out that flux is a lot less inconsistent at short range. it's more inconsistent at long range due to its much lower fire rate. this is a common misconception that probably results from how it was before the spread decrease. the bomb would help less with short range fighting (it is good at that already) and more with dealing with threats at or out of its long range, general reliability, and putting down ranged paint

inkjet is one of my favorite specials but the issue i take with it for flux is that flux's big strength is the paint it outputs. it really likes having specials it doesn't have to dedicate itself to. you put yourself in a jet and suddenly your team's paint goes way down. and maybe that's ok, and your teammates can simply cover for that, but i know personally that it'd hurt my team's comp a fair bit. still, it'd be way more fun than what we have right now

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
Bro I'm sorry but... Mist/splashdown flingza is like, next season kits kinda bad
eh yeah kinda. to be fair all of these kits are designed assuming the specials are actually good (the screen and splashdown kits were designed before the season adding them even launched so i didn't even know they'd be bad lol), and i'm not gonna back down and say i don't think there's at least synergy in the kit if we assume the individual components to be good

i play reeflux in competitive and am a big proponent of splat bomb, though i will point out that flux is a lot less inconsistent at short range. it's more inconsistent at long range due to its much lower fire rate. this is a common misconception that probably results from how it was before the spread decrease. the bomb would help less with short range fighting (it is good at that already) and more with dealing with threats at or out of its long range, general reliability, and putting down ranged paint

inkjet is one of my favorite specials but the issue i take with it for flux is that flux's big strength is the paint it outputs. it really likes having specials it doesn't have to dedicate itself to. you put yourself in a jet and suddenly your team's paint goes way down. and maybe that's ok, and your teammates can simply cover for that, but i know personally that it'd hurt my team's comp a fair bit. still, it'd be way more fun than what we have right now
that all makes sense! i'm no flux player (enjoyed flux deco a lot when i picked it up surprisingly but haven't really touched it other than that), i just liked the idea of a Good aggressive special on reeflux. could see something like storm working for it though to focus on the paint more (tbh it took a lot of restraint to not put storm on even more things than i already did)

also, unrelated to any specific response, i do think i plan on taking another look at this once the new season drops, to account for the new kits and try to maintain the special balancing. because god damn did this season throw almost all of my predictions off track lol

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
My main issue is with splashdown, which is a very run-in-and-die special... Even ignoring the "die" part, "running in" isn't Flingza's specialty at all, and would likely have difficulties using it. The special itself ain't even that bad. It still is fairly weak but is definitely stronger than in 2. If anything, flingza needs a special to help run in, such as booyah, wail and I hate to admit it, screen (If only it were usable without harming other players... ugh). As for subs, I still haven't fully figured it out yet, but we know suction works, but I'll be very biased and throw my personal opinion that I would've loved torpedo on it ! I know other flingza mains would've wanted it as well, even though, yk, everyone wants bombs so it's not much of a surprise. I wouldn't have minded mist at all, but it would have to be paired with a good special.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
My main issue is with splashdown, which is a very run-in-and-die special... Even ignoring the "die" part, "running in" isn't Flingza's specialty at all, and would likely have difficulties using it. The special itself ain't even that bad. It still is fairly weak but is definitely stronger than in 2. If anything, flingza needs a special to help run in, such as booyah, wail and I hate to admit it, screen (If only it were usable without harming other players... ugh). As for subs, I still haven't fully figured it out yet, but we know suction works, but I'll be very biased and throw my personal opinion that I would've loved torpedo on it ! I know other flingza mains would've wanted it as well, even though, yk, everyone wants bombs so it's not much of a surprise. I wouldn't have minded mist at all, but it would have to be paired with a good special.
all very fair points! for what it's worth, splashdown is probably getting the boot and i'm likely to make its kit mist/inkjet or something else entirely when i go back to redo this list. my thought process for flingza with splashdown was that it could theoretically use the special safely from behind cover, letting its fists face the enemies head on rather than yourself, and following up after with a vertical flick would combo with it... buuuut then the season dropped and it turned out the fists can't really go many places that you couldn't already go yourself, so the synergy doesn't hold up as well as i had hoped. though i do still hope splashdown gets a buff that would let its fists reach behind cover because i think it'd be a really cool mechanic for it, and maybe the flingza kit could hold up then

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
Mist/jet does sounds like fun ! Nowhere near what I'd want for it in a world where everything is perfect, but it's still something I feel would be pretty neat to use

RubberCF

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2041-7487-3622
Ill just go over my mains
Snipewriter, burst chumps. Would use, idk if id use ot more than red pencil tho. Seems fun.
Bamboo, mist wave. Would not use, seems boring to use. Having mained mk2 from s2 i can say that using must to hit shots easier is rarely worth it. Just hit the shots.
Bamboo, dart reefslider. Wouldnt be good, but would be fun, id use it some but prob wouldnt rlly get me back into bambok fully.
Mini, torpedo bubbler. Id use a lot alongside the vanilla kit and prob more in x rank than vanilla. Would be effective and fun, tho ink hungry.
Edit, splat bomb crab.
Edit, auto inkstrike. Honestly not sure which of these id use more. Both seem a little more anchor oriented than id like, bit both seem fun. Edit has good synergy with tristrike bc of how much it stacks run speed.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
Bamboo, mist wave. Would not use, seems boring to use. Having mained mk2 from s2 i can say that using must to hit shots easier is rarely worth it. Just hit the shots.
yeah i will be honest the first bamboo kit is fully a prediction and not a hope, it just strikes me as very likely given the consistent returning sub and echolocator reference that actually combos with the main

i'm pretty happy with the rest of the kits you mentioned though and i'm glad they don't seem to be terrible ideas hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom