• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Important Tourney Terms to Know?

BlueWerewolf13

Inkling
NNID
BlueWerewolf13
Switch Friend Code
SW-4467-5137-4700
Hi! I'm new to the competitive scene but have a decent grasp on most terminology like frontline, flex, backline, sharking, etc.

I'm just not so sure about tournament-specific terminology. Terms like Divs, Swiss brackets, and so-forth are especially confusing to me.

Kaaz!n

Inkling
NNID
Necro84
Switch Friend Code
SW-5692-9200-1434
1. Meta: short for "metagame" meaning The most optimal loadouts and weapon comps for a certain game mode and map combo at any given time for example... for example Clam Blitz and baller that's what is currently considered the best strategy for clam blitz atm and while it is beatable it has won me and others many games of clam blitz. Basically if you are behind on the meta you are gonna have a hard time

2. Wipe/Team Wipe all of the opposing team has died and no one is around to defend the objective..... if this happens go in hard and try to get as much ground as you can.

3. Callouts: Various positions on maps that detail different places where someone is as well as other things for example someon might callout "Ttek in our Alley" on walleye warehouse this is to make the other members on a team aware of what you see.

4. Point: Another word for zone basically if someone says "dualies on the point" that basically means there's someone with dualies in the zone

That's all I can really think of most others you should be able to pick up by just engaging the community and if all else fails google is your best friend

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Okay first off no one says “point” everyone says “zone.” Anyways, I’ve only played on one team (my current one) and haven’t been on it for more than a month iirc and have only done a few tournaments and stuff so I still don’t know what swiss brackets are (other than a way to run tournament sets).

As for divs, divs (divisions) are based off of a league, LUTI (Leagues Under The Ink). This league is designed to place you in a div and have you play a tournament against your div. the highest div is div X, then div 1, 2, 3, etc. The higher your div number the better a team you most likely are. My team isn’t registered for LUTI but based off of plenty of sets/scrims against people who ARE in LUTI and have an official div, we self-placed ourselves as a div 2 team.

BlueWerewolf13

Inkling
NNID
BlueWerewolf13
Switch Friend Code
SW-4467-5137-4700
Okay first off no one says “point” everyone says “zone.” Anyways, I’ve only played on one team (my current one) and haven’t been on it for more than a month iirc and have only done a few tournaments and stuff so I still don’t know what swiss brackets are (other than a way to run tournament sets).

As for divs, divs (divisions) are based off of a league, LUTI (Leagues Under The Ink). This league is designed to place you in a div and have you play a tournament against your div. the highest div is div X, then div 1, 2, 3, etc. The higher your div number the better a team you most likely are. My team isn’t registered for LUTI but based off of plenty of sets/scrims against people who ARE in LUTI and have an official div, we self-placed ourselves as a div 2 team.
Aaa, thank you so much. I've heard of LUTI, but wasn't too sure if that's the right place to start for divs. I assumed it was one of the bigger, top-of-the-line places, given how popular it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom