Splatoon 2 Improve my connection?

Mint_Pickles

Inkling
Before I get started, here is a little information about my current situation. I'm currently living in a rural area, where the best internet I can get is 5mbps DSL (That is, unless I want satellite which is horrible for gaming). I live in a long house, where the router is nowhere near the switch, and I have a wifi extender setup in the room next to it so I can get internet in there. I have no way of hard wiring the switch (I tried. Blew the adapter, cord, and 2 ports on my router) I am constantly getting unstable connections and 3/5 times I get disconnected. Is there any way I can improve my connection? I have already port forwardedand changed my MTU to 1492.

Screenshot (48).png

(My current internet speed, as I am typing this)

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Your best option right now would be moving closer to the router, that have solved at least 90% of all my friends problem when playing online on the Switch.
Sorry for the only option i could give, this have helped so much, i never have resorted on something else.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
What do you mean by blew your wired set-up? Well Splatoon can be played on a 5mbps internet I believe, but you're probably gonna need to consistently have near max speed. When the speed dips briefly is likely the cause of your disconnects. So your best options is to move the Switch right next to the router or use an ethernet cable, with the latter being most ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom