Splatoon 2 Inkblot Tower Control Strategy

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I've only done it successfully on this map but if done perfectly then you should have a pretty good chance of winning provided your team can also hold up. I tried this a couple days ago I was using the range blaster and literally I would just chuck suction bombs at the tower. Basically from the get-go. If you keep them coming then the other team can't push and if they try to hide behind the peg pick them off the tower from your plat with your main weapon or throw another one. When someone comes for a flank, if you can kill them (which I was able to do when I tested this) then the other team won't get past like 80. You'll be building special like crazy so you can throw inkstorms when pressured or to start a push of your own. I found this quite simple to execute. Maybe the people flanking me weren't the best but idk it worked and I got 28 kills one time which was the most I'd gotten and they got 19 points by the end. There's two routes to flank the plat on inkblot and thats the little block in front of it, and the ramp on the right side. If they come up from the ramp, back up, throw a suction bomb and kill them in two hits or a direct. If they come from the right, then that's down to your 1v1 skills if they get up, otherwise you can keep them strained with your blasts on the ramp and close in if they hide. If they push the tower while you're being flanked then after you take care of the flank you can kill anyone on the tower with your blasts if they don't get off using the long block on your plat as a barrier they can't really shoot you that well from. You also have to remember that you'll have teammates (hopefully) helping you out so you're not too strained. Also they have to wait for your bombs to explode to push the tower and anytime you lob one on there that's all the more pressure against them.

When it comes to pushing, you should have decent mid control from the bombs and killing people trying to run. You can drop down to flank people in mid trying to hide while your team is clearing out a push. When your teammates go to the tower drop to mid, shoot at their plat and throw bombs up there. When the tower is passing the checkpoint to go up to their plat move over and kill people rushing for the tower, then clearing out their plat and applying pressure for the knockout. If someone's pressuring you while defending and chucking bombs with like stingray or missiles or something, if you land a bomb on the tower (or two depending on ink saver sub) then that stalls the other team as well to give you time while trying to survive a stingray.

Maybe I was just playing against really dumb people but I checked after leaving the lobby and a lot were much higher S+ rank than I, but idk. You're gonna die sometimes, but if you have the range blaster skill to handle 1v1s and taking back your plat and finishing people off and such it shouldn't be too bad. I mean this is one map and mode that I found this to work so it's not that huge of a deal. I'm pretty good with this map. It's one of my best ones according to splatnet at like 58% or something. I'm interested in hearing people's criticisms of this because it's not like I saw it all in 8 matches. I would expect people to have a problem with our team pushing. Most of my games ended like 48-17 points or something or like 78-26. I had a game where the other team only got to 10 points. If they ever had 3 or 4 people down then I went for the tower and we started a push was how I did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom