Inkbrush Strategy post

bae95

Inkster Jr.
I'm probably mentally ill but I've been playing Inkbrush Nouveau for a long time. The best kit looks like this:

1707242944487.png

(btw for those who don't know, with this much Quick Super Jump you can launch from spawn, immediately super jump to a teammate, and still have spawn armor till the end of your dodge roll).

Because an Inkbrush can't really pick a fight without having terrain advantage (cover) or someone else following up, the main goal is to find openings for positioning and stall out fights.

If you find yourself in an unexpected or advantageous position, you can use the hammer to capitalize on it (i.e. 1v1 with a dynamo/slosher/brush, behind the backline, on a corner of a choke, etc), but it still won't let you take head-on fights with shooters and sometimes even blasters (unless shot-rhythm RNG is on your side or they were overwhelmed by something else).

However, it takes a lot of practice to get super jumps right and you've got to have the muscle memory to jump to teammates without opening up the map (If you have a power-A controller with mappable grip buttons, map the back one to the down arrow key so you can press ZL+grip+X+A to instant jump to spawn) (You can also jump to teammates without targeting them on the map by using their HUD order -- first is left, second is top, third is right) (HUD order is also displayed in reverse at the start of every match).

Also need to have the patience to understand map state before rushing in all of the time (which is extremely hard since brushes don't usually have the same downtime windows as shooters).

Going to try making tools to assist in training with this... hopefully I can master everything before LTC

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
I'm probably mentally ill but I've been playing Inkbrush Nouveau for a long time. The best kit looks like this:

View attachment 9278

(btw for those who don't know, with this much Quick Super Jump you can launch from spawn, immediately super jump to a teammate, and still have spawn armor till the end of your dodge roll).

Because an Inkbrush can't really pick a fight without having terrain advantage (cover) or someone else following up, the main goal is to find openings for positioning and stall out fights.

If you find yourself in an unexpected or advantageous position, you can use the hammer to capitalize on it (i.e. 1v1 with a dynamo/slosher/brush, behind the backline, on a corner of a choke, etc), but it still won't let you take head-on fights with shooters and sometimes even blasters (unless shot-rhythm RNG is on your side or they were overwhelmed by something else).

However, it takes a lot of practice to get super jumps right and you've got to have the muscle memory to jump to teammates without opening up the map (If you have a power-A controller with mappable grip buttons, map the back one to the down arrow key so you can press ZL+grip+X+A to instant jump to spawn) (You can also jump to teammates without targeting them on the map by using their HUD order -- first is left, second is top, third is right) (HUD order is also displayed in reverse at the start of every match).

Also need to have the patience to understand map state before rushing in all of the time (which is extremely hard since brushes don't usually have the same downtime windows as shooters).

Going to try making tools to assist in training with this... hopefully I can master everything before LTC
bruh i cant imagine what this looks like paired with soda. You gotta be blasting into space with all this qsj

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom