Inkzooka Help Needed.

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
I am a charger main, though I use a lot of other weapons as well. However, I suck with the Inkzooka (I think it is the worst of the specials). I can't seem to defend myself with it or hit anyone after the first couple of shots (if I hit anyone at all). My reluctance to use the Inkzooka has kept me from using a lot of good weapons like the Tentatek, Aerospray MG, and Soda Slosher. So if anyone has any tips, I would really appreciate it.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
The Inkzooka does have significant power to swing a game in the way that some other Specials don't; whereas the Kraken and the Bubbler, say, normally work to defend oneself or to assist surprise attacks once your team has a good position, the 'zooka is capable of wiping out opponents even when they have the clear advantage, thus allowing your team to try to even the field. So it's definitely worth working it out and trying its respective weapons.

Much as I might love to claim credit for suggesting advice myself, I'd mostly be repeating what I've read in @Xehias' guide on Specials in general. Check out the section on the 'zooka here: it's great stuff.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ah, the beautiful inkzooka...

Well dang, yeah that guide Cuttle linked didn't leave much out. Got a few tidbits to throw in I guess.

-Remember to know when to aim shots and when to lead shots(shouldn't be too hard, given you main chargers, just an adjust period)
-constant inkzooka shots can easily hold back a kraken, though this should rarely come up: most instances with an enemy kraken, you're better off running/hiding.
(and holding your inkzooka out willst shooting at the angry squid monster will make you a prime target for his allies) A rare instance for using the zooka this way would be if you're making the final push for your rainmaker carrier, all the other enemy squibs are down, and a kraken comes barreling in from the flank.
-I LOVE using inkzooka shortly after an echo-locator is popped. Can you say triple/quad kill? ^_^

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
The Inkzooka does have significant power to swing a game in the way that some other Specials don't; whereas the Kraken and the Bubbler, say, normally work to defend oneself or to assist surprise attacks once your team has a good position, the 'zooka is capable of wiping out opponents even when they have the clear advantage, thus allowing your team to try to even the field. So it's definitely worth working it out and trying its respective weapons.

Much as I might love to claim credit for suggesting advice myself, I'd mostly be repeating what I've read in @Xehias' guide on Specials in general. Check out the section on the 'zooka here: it's great stuff.
Ah, the beautiful inkzooka...

Well dang, yeah that guide Cuttle linked didn't leave much out. Got a few tidbits to throw in I guess.

-Remember to know when to aim shots and when to lead shots(shouldn't be too hard, given you main chargers, just an adjust period)
-constant inkzooka shots can easily hold back a kraken, though this should rarely come up: most instances with an enemy kraken, you're better off running/hiding.
(and holding your inkzooka out willst shooting at the angry squid monster will make you a prime target for his allies) A rare instance for using the zooka this way would be if you're making the final push for your rainmaker carrier, all the other enemy squibs are down, and a kraken comes barreling in from the flank.
-I LOVE using inkzooka shortly after an echo-locator is popped. Can you say triple/quad kill? ^_^
Thank you guys for the good info! I actually like the Inkzooka now! But do either of you have advice for defending yourself at close range? Should I just run if someone chases me?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Mm... if you can get enough distance from your opponent to pull out your 'zooka and subsequently hit them with the first shot, it can save you from uncomfortable situations, but you're probably more likely to live if you commit to escaping under such circumstances. Using the SM Neo, which can get completely overwhelmed at close quarters, I find that the 'zooka can be an effective last resort if an opponent is almost in my face. Still, it works best with more distance between you and your potential target(s). Among the weapons you've listed, the Soda is most likely to benefit from a close-range 'zooka pull.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Aw, thanks for recommending my guide!

The others gave some great tips as well. If you want to get a feel for what the Inkzooka is good at, I would recommend using it in Arowana Mall. For example, bring the Aerospray MG. Its kit is incredible on this map, and the main weapon is very good for Zones. When I use it, I follow my Seekers to mid and start inking up the zone as fast as I can, hopefully getting my Inkzooka to take down anyone on the sniper perches and the side lanes. I also throw Seekers to their side of the map to prevent them from entering the zone. From there, it’s easy to establish and keep control.

The first seconds of having your Inkzooka are crucial because it’s when you really get to do stuff. People know that they need to run away as quickly as possible and they won’t hesitate to do so. Some might try to get in your face in order to overwhelm you. That actually works pretty well, unfortunately. Like Cuttleshock said, close-range Inkzooka pulls are only ever useful if your TTK is slow and it’s the only way you can survive. If someone is chasing you, well, they’re probably not that threatening because challenging an Inkzooka like that is a pretty bad plan. I’d suggest simply backing up and shooting in the direction of the enemy.

Inkzookas are essentially temporary Chargers, but better, because they don’t have to charge and can do some cool things. Aiming high up is absolutely disgusting because nobody can see it coming, and it’s really had to predict where the tornado will land. And of course, they don’t have a laser, so nobody can tell where you’re about to shoot. They can be tricky to use, but they’re really rewarding.

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
Aw, thanks for recommending my guide!

The others gave some great tips as well. If you want to get a feel for what the Inkzooka is good at, I would recommend using it in Arowana Mall. For example, bring the Aerospray MG. Its kit is incredible on this map, and the main weapon is very good for Zones. When I use it, I follow my Seekers to mid and start inking up the zone as fast as I can, hopefully getting my Inkzooka to take down anyone on the sniper perches and the side lanes. I also throw Seekers to their side of the map to prevent them from entering the zone. From there, it’s easy to establish and keep control.

The first seconds of having your Inkzooka are crucial because it’s when you really get to do stuff. People know that they need to run away as quickly as possible and they won’t hesitate to do so. Some might try to get in your face in order to overwhelm you. That actually works pretty well, unfortunately. Like Cuttleshock said, close-range Inkzooka pulls are only ever useful if your TTK is slow and it’s the only way you can survive. If someone is chasing you, well, they’re probably not that threatening because challenging an Inkzooka like that is a pretty bad plan. I’d suggest simply backing up and shooting in the direction of the enemy.

Inkzookas are essentially temporary Chargers, but better, because they don’t have to charge and can do some cool things. Aiming high up is absolutely disgusting because nobody can see it coming, and it’s really had to predict where the tornado will land. And of course, they don’t have a laser, so nobody can tell where you’re about to shoot. They can be tricky to use, but they’re really rewarding.
Mm... if you can get enough distance from your opponent to pull out your 'zooka and subsequently hit them with the first shot, it can save you from uncomfortable situations, but you're probably more likely to live if you commit to escaping under such circumstances. Using the SM Neo, which can get completely overwhelmed at close quarters, I find that the 'zooka can be an effective last resort if an opponent is almost in my face. Still, it works best with more distance between you and your potential target(s). Among the weapons you've listed, the Soda is most likely to benefit from a close-range 'zooka pull.
Thanks again to both of you! I'll be sure to keep these tips in mind when I play.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Try using the neo splash o matic to train your inkzooka skills. The burst bomb sub really helps when you get stuck in enemy ink if you use the inkzooka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom