Internet connections

Power

Inkling Commander
How many of you guys use wired connection to the wiiu instead of wifi? I was wondering about how drastic the differences were. I am hoping to somewhat reduce lag faced against Japanese players if it does anything.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
How many of you guys use wired connection to the wiiu instead of wifi? I was wondering about how drastic the differences were. I am hoping to somewhat reduce lag faced against Japanese players if it does anything.
I'm based in North East China and get a lot of Japanese players. I have no lagg. I'm not sure if I have played many opponents from the West. Regardijng my connection problems, its getting connected thats the problem. I turn on my wiiu and splatoon and I'm always offline. Once I finally do get that news cast to appear, I have very little issues. I use the wifi at my school and have no direcy access.

Power

Inkling Commander
Oh my i know that feeling, I get splatted and the roller who was pretty far away somehow teleports and theres a huge pile of ink all appearing in an instant. It stings especially when I feel like i dodged them.

@Azza thx for the input, but it is probably easier to connect to japanese players because of your close proximity towards than in contrast to mine. (NYC) I have no idea about school connections, but it seems pretty good to be able to use one with no lag (from my limited knowledge at least) Once again, most of my lag problems come from japanese players and the occasional every once in a while american player. Waiting for someone who uses wired to see if they report any problems.

Last edited:

BluEyes

Senior Squid
I have switched from wifi to wired. I experienced a lot of communication errors on wifi due to the close proximity of other wifi routers and devices to my wii u. Since I wired up, I have no issues at all on my side. Gameplay is so much smoother for splatoon and other games like smash and MK8. By switching to wired, my online experience has improved tremendously.

Lag on the other hand remains the same. I still experience a fair amount of lag. I know its very frustrating in matches where you can never really splat anyone but get splatted all the time. I use .96 Gal but keep getting splattered by almost every other weapon out there in head on firefights in laggy matches.

You will not lose anything by going wired but maybe 20 bucks or so. So until region play becomes a reality, laggers probably make up 30% of A+ now:D If you encounter lag, just rejoin the next group.

Last edited:

OG String

Inkling
I'm in eastern China as well (Shanghai) and noticed a pretty huge improvement once I bought one of the wired USB adapters. It is still China however, so the internet tends to be pretty piss poor, especially when connecting to foreign servers. Most of the time though I'm playing against Japanese players so the proximity may have a lot to do with the stable connection as well. Basically I would say it's definitely worth the investment, it couldn't possibly get worse with a hard ethernet line right?

Power

Inkling Commander
True. I guess I would have to deal with the foreign player lag. It's not so bad, but can get pretty annoying at times. Thanks for all of the input guys! I ordered a wired connection (wii u adapter plus ethernet cable) It's supposed to be on time b4 splat fest which is a good thing. Once again, thx for sharing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom