Is C-Liter Viable?

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I'm not a charger player nor was I around during Splat 1, is Liter with Kraken good?

2Ws2Ls

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3607-4410-2815
I wasn't around during splat 1, but from what I understand c-liter was good because kraken was instant, so you could use it as a perfect panic button. It's 100% worse than kraken on heavy though, as liter is much more obligate to its backline position than all the splatlings except for maybe hydra, and even that's a tough argument to make. How much worse though is the real question, as heavy deco is pretty good, and how much can beakon make up for it.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Liter should never be in a position to use Kraken aggressively, so it's only good as a panic button. That's arguably not the worst thing for it, but I just don't think that's good enough if your special can't do anything else.

joe???

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4284-1031-3060
To get value with kraken you need to go into a bad position for your weapon, and when you come out of kraken you will be in a bad position for your weapon. Its going to be fun and maybe have some utility for all the charger players who refuse to switch off on rainmaker but no its not going to be viable lol.

Bluejay

Inkster Jr.
Kraken liter sounds really awful (to play against), but come to think of it, if you make a c-liter use their kraken, basically the pressure exerted by the main weapon would be gone for the rest of your team for 8 whole seconds. Assuming you can survive that kraken, the interaction would more likely be a L for the liter and their team, right?? Also if it's only for getting out of danger I feel like a simple jump to spawn is better.

RubberCF

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2041-7487-3622
I think currently,it could potentially be an answer to pencil being meta. Beakons work better than its other kit with cooler meaning people are dying/jumping out and jumping back in so much, and if it gets killed by a zooka, it can use its own beakons to get in.

bohneevair

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2620-8406-4327
I have no idea about competitive, but panic button Kraken sounds hilarious and I'm excited to see it in action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom