Is Nintendo destroying their own setting with the new DLC?

J

Jimmys1000

I recently read the interview with Splatoon 2’s directors. In the interview, I learned that Octolings trade with salmon, so they do not need to battle them for golden eggs. Soon players will be able to play as octolings in salmon run with the new DLC coming out. Then, are they destroying their own settings?

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
#notalloctolings

I bet the ones that defected to Inkopolis are the only ones teaming up with Inklings to hunt the Salmonids.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
I think it's more the Octarians who trade than the Octolings. Cus when you think about it, the octolings were just made for combat. (Which is further supported by the fact that the DLC is based on completing test facilities) The octarians however, build their weapons, build the octolings weapons, and have uses more than just combat.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
They are expanding it, so far. Knowing Nintendo, it will not surprise if they eventually destroy the Splatoon setting (I mean, they let Game Freak do that with Pokémon in gen 7), but so far, they haven't done that with Splatoon.
he DLC is based on completing test facilities
Memories of Portal...

Err, anyways, you make a good point. Octolings are Octarians, in a sense, but there are a ton of Octarians who are not Octolings.

Makes me think, perhaps there are squids that aren't Inklings in the Splatoonverse, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom