Isn't it weird that in Port Mackerel and Ancho-V Games there are 2 features exclusive to Turf Wars?

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
In Port Mackerel there are these two forklifts that appear on both sides of the map and move back and forth over and over again in Turf Wars. In Ancho-V Games there is a far left route you can take to get to the center of the map in Turf Wars. However in both instances they are not present because either it is gone or it is blocked off.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Is that weird? Most stages vary from mode to mode. Mostly for the purpose of balancing it out based on the differing objectives. I won't pretend to know specifically what those balances are? But I feel like for example on Port the forklifts were removed so that zones aren't Sniper dominated, or they don't interfere with the tower's path, or something of that nature.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Turf wars is the main mode of the game and what the maps were initially designed for, so I don't find it too surprising. Since Turf Wars is such an open ended mode, it has room for more side paths and dynamic concepts like the forklifts, which might throw off balancing in other modes.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Is that weird? Most stages vary from mode to mode. Mostly for the purpose of balancing it out based on the differing objectives. I won't pretend to know specifically what those balances are? But I feel like for example on Port the forklifts were removed so that zones aren't Sniper dominated, or they don't interfere with the tower's path, or something of that nature.
I dont even think we get port tower control anymore :(

P-Kong

Full Squid
Stages can vary wildly between Turf War and Ranked, yes. I WISH all that extra pathing around the center in Ranked Moray Towers was there in Turf...
Well, looks like someone's wish became true! Thanks based Jirachi for fulfilling this need.

Now, I had access to my Wii U right now...

In short, CM2, I think you already understand why the layout changes between modes; I think of it as balancing reasons.:head_eye000:

(I can already feel I'm going to use this cool shade emote more often in the future. It looks so neat, even if it doesn't bear a proper meaning. Maybe that's why.)

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
It just sucks you can't get on the crates of Port Mackerel during Ranked except in Tower Control, but TC Port Mackerel hasn't happened for a long while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom