It's that time again. New patch just dropped, so what does everyone think?

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I know it's a very short patch, so I'll try to recap the balance changes. Basically, the Heavy Edit and the Range Blaster got better ink coverage (I think in the Heavy Edit's case if that's what increasing the number of spray droplets mean) and the .96 Gal and Dread Wringer got ink consumption buffs. In the Range Blaster's case, I believe that reverts an old S2 nerf to its paint, although I never got the chance to play S1 and I can't entirely be sure, so please correct me if I'm wrong. In addition, the Jet Squelcher and L-3 Nozzlenose both got buffs to their special costs. The changes look interesting, and the developers apparently want to wait until the middle of the season to make bigger balance changes, so what's your opinions on this?

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Three more months of Zooka Jumpscares.

Honestly disappointed in how little they've changed. I guess they think the meta is healthy enough, we do have a lot of weapon and comp diversity among the top and high tiers, but there's still too much below that line that needs buffs.

IMO, the biggest problem with this game's balancing is the fact that every season, half the kits they announce can be proclaimed dead on arrival because we know what subs and specials just suck. And at this rate it seems like they won't ever buff them.

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
Salmon Run updates are live. You can preview Triple Splashdown there, plus Kraken in SR is pretty dope!

TOD13

Senior Squid
Pronouns
he/him
wait, the update is live? i've checked inkipedia and it doesn't say anything about the update. it's still november where i am so maybe it's just delayed in my region.

*Buster*

Inkster Jr.
This was a very small update. It’s not the worst, but the buffs to the .96 and Jet Squelcher weren’t needed imo. The Reefslider buff is nice though.

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
This was a very small update. It’s not the worst, but the buffs to the .96 and Jet Squelcher weren’t needed imo. The Reefslider buff is nice though.
The Jet Squelcher didn't need those buffs, but I wouldn't necessarily say that about the .96. It doesn't exactly paint well and it's still the most ink hungry shooter in the game. An 8 percent buff to its ink consumption won't break the game.

Last edited:

*Buster*

Inkster Jr.
The Jet Squelcher didn't need those buffs, but I wouldn't necessarily say that about the .96. It doesn't exactly paint well and it's still the most ink hungry shooter in the game. An 8 percent buff to its ink consumption won't break the game.
*I’m going to talk about the Deco kit, because I assume the normal .96 isn’t played as much.*

I don’t main .96, and maybe I’m off on what I’m saying, so take this with a grain of salt. I feel like .96 having high ink consumption balanced it out. It has the power to 2-shot, with a Splash Wall for some protection, plus it has Kraken as a panic button. Now I agree, I don’t think it will break the game. However, with the Deco kit already being pretty solid, I feel like the buff was just a dev saying, “Guys we need more than 6 changes for multiplayer this patch!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom