• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 I've Stalled...for Months...I Need Advice

ChaosChao

Senior Squid
NNID
ChaosChao
Switch Friend Code
SW-6158-1452-9029
I just don't know what else I can do. I've gotten frustrated with my lack of progress in Ranked. I don't think I can be picked up in the amateur Splatoon league I do at this rate. I've been stuck in S and S+ (lower and mid) for too long now and I can't take it anymore. It's my fault my play has gotten hit by wall after wall after wall but I don't know what I can do at this point. I need help. Anything. Please. Thank you.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@ChaosChao
I been there back in S1 I know the feeling and will try to help where I can but first I need to ask you a few question know how best to help you

Ok so first which modes are you having the most trouble with in ranked?
Second what weapons do you play? and lastly What is usually your focus a ranked game (are u chasing enemies, covering turf, or on objective)?

ChaosChao

Senior Squid
NNID
ChaosChao
Switch Friend Code
SW-6158-1452-9029
At this point it's all modes because I'm walled on all of them (Clam Blitz is the worst of it since I'm fluctuating between S and S+ over and over with that).
My weapons are as follows:
SZ: Heavy Splatling Remix
TC: Custom Dualie Squelchers or Kensa Splattershot Pro (depends on map)
RM: Custom Jet Squelcher
CB: Any of the above weapons based on map and what role needs filling

My job is usually a focus on the objective. I consider myself a support player and/or anchor player.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Ok thanks for the quick response

Firstoff you might want to change up your weapons for Clam Blitz Custom dulies aren't too bad but all the other weapons you use are long range slow firerate (or chargetime).
Most players run dive weapon like rollers and brushes
In terms of weapons for support my go to anchor weapon for CB is the vanilla exsplosher mainly for coverage (also cuz there is a tech that lets you just about 1 shot an enemy player)

As an anchor obj player here are a few key facts I have taken
-Be unpredictable in your pushes, in game modes like rainmaker player have the tendency to stall for looking time to push...but you can honestly mess up an enemy's positioning you make a push when they are not expecting it

-Also pay attention to what your teammates are running and how they play if they focus objective then take care handle map control, if they have both covered push back the enemy team

***Most importantly analyze how the enemy team is playing
For example: An attacker will always flank and attempt to take out anchor 1st
Players who play chargers or splatling are likely gonna get targeted often, constantly be moving change up positions look for angle the enemy might not expect, play around objective if you can
*not neccesarily on objective so you can retreat if needed and give teammates a safe place to land

Most players especially those in upper ranks are so used to playing a certain way it is almost subconscious in the decisions they will make and the habits in their playstyle.
If you can find the pattern you can figure out how use it to be unpredictable and use it to your advantage.

I did make a thread about this awhile back called: player archtupes in Splatoon it give a generalized look certaib categories most players fall into

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom