• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Iwata Asks ("The Inklings in Splatoon was going to be Rabbits")

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Really glad they went with squids and not rabbits

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
People keep saying they want rabbit DLC but that seems a little odd and it would stick out. Judd is the only non sea life that is characterized in the game and that would be a lot of work for a callback that few would understand. Not to mention mechanics like turning into a squid form would be a tad odd.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
It's interesting to see how the game developed over time. The designs of the original squids kinda look like something from the 80's. It's just the style of the drawing. XD I think having rabbits would've been a tad odd. 0-0

Rescue22

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CheckMyAboutMe
Ewww, that design for the Rabbit was pretty atrocious in my opinion. I'm saying that now mainly after comparing it to the beautiful designs for the Inklings we all know and love today. :P

Blooper

Inkling
NNID
ArcanineTrainer
Now I want to play as tofu. Splatofu with a splat charger.

MaxwellsTime

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MaxwellsTime
I think the current design is really good!
I wish they'd made an easter egg for the Tofu.
Tofu Jump anyone?

Lucky Fool

Inkling
I kind of want to see the rabbits as future DLC as sort of a nod to the prototype.
To bad Ubisoft went out like a itch after the first year of wii U came out so now we don't have a chance for a rabbid amiibo as a sort of stand in for them.

IttyBit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
IttyBit
Well that's interesting! Rabbit seem sort of cute, but I'm happy that they ended up with Squids as the final decision. It's just the perfect match!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom