Kelp Dome incoming!

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
ink-coming*

Every time I feel like "okay, I've played this enough now, time to put it down for a day or two", something new gets added! Curse these squids!

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
its gonna be fuuuuun, im really excited to see how turf war is going to go down on this map.
i'll also grab the dialogue to put in the Transcript thread.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Nintendo, you've done good supporting this game so far so please keep everything up!

On Topic: Loved that map in single player! It was a sort of a maze and I love the idea of the overhead passes. My question is if it will have 1 or 2 splat zones

MagnaX7

Full Squid
NNID
MagnaX7
So far, I can say this about it after playing on it again just now:

1. Elevated Spawn: Much like Saltyspray, the spawn and a small arean behind it are unaccesable to enemies. The spawn is a bit too high to effectively make use of spawn as a counter to spawn camping. (But ya don goofed if that happend. Just like my teams on many occasions.)

2. Multiple ways out of spawn:You have 4 ways out of your spawn area: Two on the ground and two smaller ramps in the spawn area. This allow for more ways to comeback, as your sidepaths can't be controlled by enemies, like Urchin.

3. Hard High-ground: The flooring of the catwalks are all grates, making it impossible to regain ink on it or traverse them fast (Unless you have Inkbrush). You're also wide open to enemies on the ground. It's risky, but it makes for great vantage point and ink coverage (especially Sprinklers).

4. Will most likely have two Splat Zones: The center of the map has a pillar in the middle, making it impossible to put a splatzone there. But there are two area's to eiter side of the spawn that are perfect for smaller zones. The placement of these zones also makes the center less important in Ranked, as it's used more as a way to get to catwalks leading to the Splat Zones. As soon as most peole will understand that, they will have someone keeping enemies of those catwalks. The Splat Zones are also really far apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom