• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Kensa Splattershot and Gear

ChaosChao

Senior Squid
NNID
ChaosChao
Switch Friend Code
SW-6158-1452-9029
So...been a while since I posted on here but I'm going to be entering a tournament tomorrow; it's only going to be Turf War but I still need to make sure my build can handle good coverage and get on offense if needed. With that said...

It's starting to look like I'll be running the Kensa Splattershot for it with either Dualie Squelcher sets as backup.The thing is...outside of Special Charge Up, I'm not sure what the best abilities for it will be. One of my teammates is a killing machine, but he runs the Tentatek Splattershot and utilized the Main Power Up bonus it gets really well, however, the Kensa Splattershot is more support-based but should have the ability to switch to slayer if needed. I'm also not sure what my main abilities should be.

I always joke to people that my weapon in Splatoon 2 is the Tenta Missiles, but I've used them so much that they might as well be because I can scope out the battlefield without having to (usually) be in the heat of battle and act accordingly.

With all of this in mind, what would be the best build for a Kensa Splattershot user that can:
- Still get a lot of turf inked?
- Can switch from support to slayer and back as needed?
- Get full mileage out of the Tenta Missiles, both as a means of offense and to back up my team?

Again, as a reminder, the tournament I'm entering is strictly Turf War.

awedry

Full Squid
Hi ChaosChao,

Good luck with your tournament! Here's some thoughts I have...
Splattershot paints well, it will be easy to cover turf and build special. You shouldn't need Main Saver on this weapon, and even without Special Charge Up you'll probably get 3-4 specials a game without too much trouble. If you throw out a lot of Suction Bombs though, Sub Saver and/or Ink Recovery Up are useful.
If you expect to play a support/slayer hybrid role, I would suggest mobility oriented abilities like Swim Speed and Run Speed Up, or even Ink Resistance Up. They can increase your survivability in 1v1's with other common slayers that are more mobile or aggressive than you (e.g. Enperry Dualies, Ttek). They'll also make it faster to transition roles since you have to disengage a bit for Tenta Missiles. Special Saver (2-3 subs) and Quick Super Jump (1-2 subs) are helpful for frontline weapons. Comeback is highly recommended also - you get one main of six (!) different ink efficiency, mobility, and special charge abilities for 20 seconds each time you respawn.
Check out this mobility-focused build... it's the vanilla Splattershot, but close enough!
https://loadout.ink/en-us/#0002008b18600210840029ce7
Hope this helps!

~A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom