Kill all enemies at once before any of them respawn to win Turf War

bebopfan

Inkling
Would it be good idea to add this rule on Turf War?

The chance is tiny, but can be a option to end match early or
even have great comeback when enemy paint more than you.

Gsnap

Full Squid
NNID
FJUrban
Can't say I'm a big fan of the idea.

Matches only last 3 minutes, so there's no reason to end them early.

Also, the whole point of the game is to not be about getting kills. Why would we want to take an original idea and just turn it into team deathmatch? Isn't half of the reason people are excited for this game because it's different?

If people want to have great comebacks when the enemy has more paint, then they just need to have a great comeback by the rules of the gamemode.

Also, this would have to be judged externally, leading to a lot of unfair judgement calls.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Nah. This would encourage spawn camping, which is potentially a problem already, and would distract from the whole ink-covering deal. It's also surprisingly easy to take down all four enemy dudes when the advantage is gained.

Undr

Would it be good idea to add this rule on Turf War?

The chance is tiny, but can be a option to end match early or
even have great comeback when enemy paint more than you.
We did this a few times during the testfire. Both times I got a triple kill after having witnessed their fourth teammate die moments before. Seems a little too easy to be allowed in public matches. But I do like the concept. Perhaps make the penalty for dying a little more severe so that it's more rewarding to team wipe your opponents?

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
Terrible idea in my opinion. UNLESS it was added in the last 15 seconds of the game...then possibly a good x-factor to add.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I actually like it as it is right now.
And there is a method to bypass spawn killing and that is staying on the respawn platform, or try to jump off from there to another teammate.

But being in the enemy's base, means that you are one less person to defend your own, so striking your enemy base and camp somewhere near it, seems very inefficient in this game, wich i like cause it will give inexperienced players something to counter by avoiding conflict against the other team.

The fact that you don't have to engage any of the opponent makes it possible for anyone to change the game.
I find this to benefit casual and competetive players alike, if something is removed, it's possible that the game itself may not be that enjoyable anymore.

Pusha

Inkling Cadet
No. definitely not. Having all 4 opponents on respawn is already a huge opportunity to cover ground, that's just kinda silly.

iDaylon

Inkling Cadet
No need to implement any additions to an already established game mode. Besides, matches aren't even that long to begin with anyways.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I don't like this idea, Turf War seems fine on it's own.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
Turf War is fine already, it's based on how much turf you win, not how many people are actively opposing you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom