Landed on my Trap Card!

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
Whew! It's been awhile since I've been on here! Anywayz, isn't it the best feeling when people fall completely into your trap? For example, I was using the Custom E-Liter and lured someone into chasing me with their Kraken. I retreated back a little bit, stopped, turned around and charged my shot. They were literally only a few centimeters away from me and their Kraken ran out and I proceed to snipe them the second it went out. I feel so villainous when people fall into my trap, but it's so satisfying! Anyone else have any funny stories of tricking your opponents? I really want to hear some!!!

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I've gotten pretty good at juking people on the tower for TC matches using ink mines. I normally play the vanilla rapid blaster, which is garbage at short range, so if I'm trying to push the tower and don't have bubble ready, I'll usually leave an ink mine where they'd expect me to be, wait for close range weapons to swim up and try to melee me, and hop off at the last second to let the mine take care of business. I can usually get a few people with this, because when they see that the tower is moving towards their base their first reaction is to step on as well, clear the platform, and reset it.

Also when I played the Heavy recently, I had a .96 gal pop up behind me between my shoulder blades. I kept facing forward but swam backwards almost between his feet, wound up next to his back, and launched a quick 4 bullet charge to finish him off. I still have no idea how I pulled that off.

One more, one more. Playing splatlings more often has made me realize that if you can scare the user into squidding, you can ruin their held charge. I dropped down behind a Zimi on Flounder Heights and tried to get rid him with my Forge Pro. He bubbled immediately, but rather than swimming away I basically jumped on his face and pushed him sideways a few times with bullets. I swim strafed almost behind him and shot a few more times, and just kept pinballing him until his bubble ran out. He was so startled that he kept trying to reposition and canceled his charge each time. Unfortunately for him I could track his movements easily, because the bubble is visible while swimming; the poor guy didn't hit me once before he was splatted.

Last edited:

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
I've gotten pretty good at juking people on the tower for TC matches using ink mines. I normally play the vanilla rapid blaster, which is garbage at short range, so if I'm trying to push the tower and don't have bubble ready, I'll usually leave an ink mine where they'd expect me to be, wait for close range weapons to swim up and try to melee me, and hop off at the last second to let the mine take care of business. I can usually get a few people with this, because when they see that the tower is moving towards their base their first reaction is to step on as well, clear the platform, and reset it.

Also when I played the Heavy recently, I had a .96 gal pop up behind me between my shoulder blades. I kept facing forward but swam almost between his feet, wound up next to his back, and launched a quick 4 bullet charge to finish him off. I still have no idea how I pulled that off.

One more, one more. Playing splatlings more often has made me realize that if you can scare the user into squidding, you can ruin their held charge. I dropped down behind a Zimi on Flounder Heights and tried to get rid him with my Forge Pro. He bubbled immediately, but rather than swimming away I basically jumped on his face and pushed him sideways a few times with bullets. I swim strafed almost behind him and shot a few more times, and just kept pinballing him until his bubble ran out. He was so startled that he kept trying to reposition and canceled his charge each time. Unfortunately for him I could track his movements easily, because the bubble is visible while swimming; the poor guy didn't hit me once before he was splatted.
That poor guy! It would have been worse if you were playing on Mahi Mahi Resort and you had pushed him in the water when he bubbled. I have done that before to someone and it made even me feel bad!

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
That poor guy! It would have been worse if you were playing on Mahi Mahi Resort and you had pushed him in the water when he bubbled. I have done that before to someone and it made even me feel bad!
Funny you should mention that, I pulled precisely this stunt in our last Splatfest when a Jr. tried to drop down from the central sign onto a teammate. Apparently a Heavy Splatling really can shove people around, because he went flying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom