Last-Ditch Effort In Turf War

Padre

Pro Squid
Full team with Last-Ditch Effort gear on. Can it be beaten?
Wow.
:O

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Well there's a way to beat everything in this game (that I'm aware of), soooooo....

No.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
It really depends on the abilities that the people have, like full run speed with 4 luna blasters is an immediate win for them.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It's very situational. Yes it can be beaten.

Padre

Pro Squid
Sure everything can be beaten with skill and luck, but Last-Ditch Effort feels really strong with a team that can communicate well enough.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Sure everything can be beaten with skill and luck, but Last-Ditch Effort feels really strong with a team that can communicate well enough.
That's kind of where Splatoon stands out, teamwork. It's a skill we use in real life and I usually win when my teammates all guard me with the rainmaker. That's how you should play; after all shouldn't the guy using swim speed and ink resistance have priority?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
...It's just more ammunition. That can help, sure, but there's a lot of other, more important factors in the last 30 seconds of turf war that determine victory or defeat, like player positioning and skill.

Last edited:

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
If they're going for the quad Last Ditch effort, they have all successfully wasted all their hat main ability slots. And not to mention, the perk only activates in the last 30 seconds, so they're really only banking on the comeback there. Which is a pretty bad strategy.

As if you can kill them in that last 30 seconds (it shouldn't be that hard because the buffs are minor), you take about 7 ish seconds away from their 30 seconds of going ham. But honestly, they're setting themselves back if they do that.

But if you really want to hard counter the strategy, take a risk and wear respawn punisher to reduce their effective last ditch effort time. But other than that, just make sure you don't die in the last 30 seconds, or just pick off their members if they overextend. The boosts only apply to ink recovery, ink saver main, quick respawn and ink saver sub. So, they're not going to have much mobility or damage over you.

Hope this helps

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Personally, I think LDE is more viable in ranked games where LDE activates as soon as you're in trouble for the remainder of the game instead of the last 30 seconds in TW. But even then, it only gives you ink recovery/saver bonuses so it's only useful for ink-thirsty weapons (If that's the case, why not just pick a main of ink recovery?). It also says something about quick respawn but i have no idea if it's S1's version or S2's version of QR they are talking about, so who knows how useful that will be.

If you ask me, Comeback is the most useful out of all timed abilities. While it gives just a little bit less ink recovery/saver than LDE, Comeback also gives special charge and speed bonuses on top of it which are helpful for just about every weapon. Once you die at least twice you'll have gotten more out of Comeback than you ever will out of LDE in TW.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom