Loadout Question

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
So, I've been looking through the forums, and I keep seeing things like "X weapon has access to Y sub-weapon." so, I'm confused. Do weapons have preset sub-weapons or can we mix and match?

DigDeep

Senior Squid
The sub weapons are preset to the main weapon, yes. You can't choose to mix and match main weapon and sub weapon. Most likely each weapon will have a second load out or so with different sub weapons for variety.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
The sub weapons are preset to the main weapon, yes. You can't choose to mix and match main weapon and sub weapon. Most likely each weapon will have a second load out or so with different sub weapons for variety.
That's really lame. I don't see why they would do that, but if it works then who cares I guess. :confused:

DigDeep

Senior Squid
That's really lame. I don't see why they would do that, but if it works then who cares I guess. :confused:
It was most likely a balance decision. I questioned it at first too, but it's common among other shooters and doesn't bother me too much at the end of the day.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Yeah, the weapons all come on pre-determined sets: primary, sub, and special.

I understand lots of people might not like this, due to the lack of customization. However, I believe this decision was made for balancing purposes, as well as to encourage players to try many different weapons and weapon load outs (since there's going to be a multitude of variations for weapon load outs.)

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
The developers don't want people trying to combine the best primary with the best secondary with the best special. They want balanced loadouts that see a lot of variety of different secondaries and specials getting used because they're paired with the primaries people end up enjoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom