Looking to join a squad

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
Hey everyone! I've been playing Splatoon for roughly nine months and haven't really considered the idea of having a dedicated group of people to play with until joining Squidboards. So a little bit about me (sorry for the wall of text):

NNID: PKThunda
Time Zone: UTC -5 (U.S. East Coast). On a somewhat unrelated note, this means English is my native language, though I can also speak Spanish.
When I'm available: usually I'm around most of the time unless I have things to do. Usually anywhere from 12PM to 11PM/12AM is when I'm online doing stuff.
Preferred Weapons: Usually I use the Tentatek Splattershot/Octoshot Replica, but I got the 2.7 update yesterday and am really enjoying the Berry Splattershot Pro. I also occasionally use the Luna Blaster Neo on Tower Control if I'm feeling confident enough.
Preferred Role: As far as role goes, I don't really know if I have one. My playstyle usually involves me running headfirst into danger (which usually ends with me being splatted), though I'm usually not dumb enough to do anything irrational if my team members are waiting to respawn. I'll also try going stealthy if the need for it arises.
Skill Bracket: Right now I'm a S-rank; I've been hovering in high A+/low S hell for a few weeks now. I'd like to join a squad with mainly S-ranked players so I can get a better idea of how to improve my own skill.
Communication: This is where things get dicey for me. I currently do not have a laptop or computer (I'm writing this from my Wii U internet browser), so I don't have things like TS3, Discord, Skype, etc. About the best I can do is messaging on Facebook or something via my 3DS (Squidboards might be too big a site for my 3DS internet browser to handle). Hopefully this won't take away from anyone interested in recruiting me, as I'm aware that effective communication is paramount in this sort of game.
What I'm Looking For: Really I'm looking for a squad that can go both casual and competitive play, whatever mood we're in at the time. Rainmaker and Tower Control are my favorite modes, so a squad focused around those would be ideal; I can handle Turf Wars if the maps are decent, but then again, with practice it might not even matter. Finally it'd be nice to have a close-knit squad, that is to say one that enjoys getting to know each other both on and off the battlefield, since that in my opinion is what leads to better synergy among teammates, and therefore better performances. I'm usually quiet at first when I meet people for the first time, but once I get settled I become much more comfortable. I do get salty in Splatoon often, but usually by the next day I'll have forgotten about it; I just get very vocal about stuff like that in games rather than internalizing it lol.

I'm really looking forward to any opportunities to lend my support to a squad, and to have a solid group to support me back! Stay fresh!

Final little note, I'm fairly proficient in a program called Inkscape (no joke), and would be interested in making a logo for my/any squad! I've recently found that designing logos is something I enjoy doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom