• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Lucas Social Thread

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Lucas, huh?
He's pretty strong, he feels nice when I'm playing as him, but his range is so tiny. I don't like how short it feels, even Roy has the rest of his sword to hit people with. PK Fire goes a long way toward making him usable for me, but I like using him despite his flaws.
Really, his biggest problem for me might be being released alongside Roy and Ryu, two characters I like using more. Roy in particular, he feels like his Melee version with better everything.
But back on topic, I like Lucas, he's nice, glad to have him back even if he isn't quite how I remembered him.
Wish they'd release Mother 3 outside Japan though, I've heard it's good.

Thebluehero

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
YoloSwaggie
Hey, they released Mother 1 in America after like 20 years, and next year is Mother 3's 10th anniversary. It might happen.

And about Lucas, yeah his PK Fire is really strong, and I definitely prefer PK Freeze over PK flash. I also find myself having trouble against Roy, as he can just keep me away with side B most of the time. Lucas is strong, and his Side Smash comes out super quick, but up-smash, although powerful and big, has major flaws. With that power it comes with, it also takes like 2 seconds for it to come out, and like 3 seconds afterwards. It's so easy to see and airdodge that it won't hit most of the time. His bair is a little weird at first, but with practice you can get the spike down almost consistently. It's pretty satisfying. I absolutely love his recovery, even though it's not the best attack. Though, the PK Thunder by itself can keep the opponent trapped if you make circles on them with it. But then again, after using PK Thunder I feel it has way too much end lag. If you fail at trying to chase an opponent with his PK Thunder, then the opponent can easily attack you. But, all things aside, his grab and nair combos are great, and he feels strong, yet slower than Ness. I've also found it hard to get kills without grabs, since his bat is extremely weak, and his other smashes are slow.

Sorry if that was a bit long, I tend to ramble ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom