• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Making good gear

ChipsAhoy

Full Squid
NNID
Mr.ChipsAhoy
Hey everyone! How do I make the gear I want? I sometimes see videos with people that have all three subs of each of their pieces of gear the same. Is there an easy way to do that? Or does it take as long as it seems like it would.... I want to keep my abilities while I play!

Thanks for helping! ;D

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Step 1: Find the gear you want. Keep in mind that each brand has a bias towards a specific ability, for example Tentatek gear is more likely to have Ink Recovery Up, and Krak-On is more likely to have Swim Speed Up. You can try for other rolls, but sticking to the brand is best for one's sanity.

Step 2: Actually reroll the gear. This is entirely luck based, so save up cash and pray to RNGsus that it is the roll you want. Some people "savescum" by saving up a bunch of cash/snails, saving the file to a flash drive, rolling gear, and resetting to the original if it does not work out, although I don't really know how to work with the game saves.

You can also try to order someone's else's good gear and hope for it to be identical, although the odds are still incredibly low.

ChipsAhoy

Full Squid
NNID
Mr.ChipsAhoy
Thank you for your lengthy reply! I am going to have to try that soon... I was waching a vid on the Octobrush and... Like all squid speed up, damage up, and Ink Saver (main)... So good... Thank you!

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Step 1. make sure you have no orders (if you have order waiting you must buy it or wait for next RL day if it is overriding something you want to keep)
Step 2. close game, go to data, copy save to usb (and keep usb in the wii u otherwise the next steps will mess up)
Step 3. set timezone in your settings to the earliest possible.
Step 4. load up splatoon and order ONE GEAR that has at least a double what you want.
Step 5, close splatoon, set timezone to the highest you can go (hopefully you live in a place where this gap is big enough in time)
Step 6. open splatoon and buy the gear
step 7. repeat step 3-6 till you find a double of something.
Step 8. Once you find a double of something close your game, set timezone to earliest, and do game HD (wii U) >usb override.
Step 9. order the gear you found a double on (reason for step 8 is so you get your money back +gear you actually want to keep since you are only looking for double/triple and reject results may be worse then what you have)
Step 10. once ordered, close game, set timezone to latest
Step 11, close game, now do USB> HD (wii u) override.
step 12. buy the gear you got a double on, snail it, and play rank to get the 3rd slot.
Step 13 a, congratulations, you got triple gear without spending much or depending on luck
step 13 b, if you get anything but a matching sub, quit game, do HD (wii u)> usb override.
Step 14. repeat step 12 till you get step 13a result.

13a looks like this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom