Map Changes According to Time/Season

Reeze

Inkling
NNID
NedRox
It's pretty common knowledge that Splatfest basically turns Inkopolis and all the maps into permanent night. The ink kind of glows, too, to make up for the lack of light. That got me wondering: what if, in an update, maps changed according to the time of day and season?

Playing on Saltspray Rig at sunset would be amazing, and seasons would be awesome too. Maps could be covered in snow, brown leaves, or flowers depending on the time of year. Of course, since people all over the world have different seasons and time zones, this could be a region-specific feature that could be turned off. It obviously would have to have more thought put into it, but what do y'all think?

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
From what I have seen matches already don't even have the same colors for all players, so they could certainly do it based on the system clock regardless of what other players see, as long as there are no differences in the gameplay, visually it could be done.

I think it should be relatively easy to implement time of day, and it is the one I want to see the most. I don't think I want seasons because, being from the southern hemisphere, I'm sure it would not have the option to follow the correct seasons here :D

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
From what I have seen matches already don't even have the same colors for all players, so they could certainly do it based on the system clock regardless of what other players see, as long as there are no differences in the gameplay, visually it could be done.

I think it should be relatively easy to implement time of day, and it is the one I want to see the most. I don't think I want seasons because, being from the southern hemisphere, I'm sure it would not have the option to follow the correct seasons here :D
Are you saying when I was fighting blue team on their screen they could have been green team? :O

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
Are you saying when I was fighting blue team on their screen they could have been green team? :O
I might be imagining things, but I believe I have seen a match from the guys with review copies on two sites and the colors were different. Anyway I believe the "color lock" option would work by modifying just your color, not everyone, or playing with colorblinds would make you locked to their color of choice too.

Jacob777

Full Squid
NNID
Jacob_Games777
This is a good idea, reminds me of the Animal Crossing games where daylight changed depending on the time and also the Animal Crossing track on MK8 which also changes daylight (not depending on time though)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Already a similar thread on this, while the OP is a bit different the discussion is basically the same. [link] :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom