• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Marina being an octoling might have to do with hero mode (just a theroy)

Ibusama

Inkster Jr.
Someone might have thought of this already but I was wondering about Marina being an Octoling pop star for Inklings, and I kinda have the feeling that might connect to hero mode. Marina could be DJ Octavio's daughter (she is a DJ after all) and she somehow ended going to the inkling side for some reason (either by her own will or not) and as revenge DJ octavio
kidnapped Callie

makes sense right? and would be cool if it's true :D

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I do think there is something fishy about Marina. We have had no evidence before of a friendly octoling I do not think, let alone an ally...and for how shy and reserved and cutesy and bubbly she ACTS, she sure dresses a tad provocatively for a splatoon character at all with her half unzipped boots and top. Just seems like a fashion choice a more outgoing character like Pearl would make to me?

Would be a massive blow to the audience that the new DJ lady who already has by FAR the most popularity ends up being a baddie =X although that would leave Pearl alone...only time will tell.

Ibusama

Inkster Jr.
I do think there is something fishy about Marina. We have had no evidence before of a friendly octoling I do not think, let alone an ally...and for how shy and reserved and cutesy and bubbly she ACTS, she sure dresses a tad provocatively for a splatoon character at all with her half unzipped boots and top. Just seems like a fashion choice a more outgoing character like Pearl would make to me?

Would be a massive blow to the audience that the new DJ lady who already has by FAR the most popularity ends up being a baddie =X although that would leave Pearl alone...only time will tell.
I don't think she'll turn out to be baddie, even if she is related to some baddie octarians.
I'm sure there is a backstory to her, especially about her being an octoling.

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
Since DJ Octavio is about Captain Cuttlefish's age in years, I'm guessing if there's any relation that granddaughter would probably be more likely numbers wise. The Squid Sisters and Sheldon are grandchildren of people from that generation, after all.

Aside from that though, there's so many different theories bouncing around that it's hard to even tell what might be the most valid. They're all so interesting, haha. But I do think that whatever happens Marina will almost certainly be innocent. How she ended up as an Inkopolis pop star, on the other hand. . .I can already sense that it's gonna be absolutely juicy, whatever it is.

Did Pearl befriend Marina somehow? Are the Octolings and Callie brainwashed and Marina escaped, or did Callie join willingly out of sympathy akin to that whole sector of the Splatoon fandom and Marina leave out of disillusionment with Octarian society/discovering the joys of Inkling society?

Oh gosh, is this game really coming out in less than two weeks? XD

Ibusama

Inkster Jr.
Since DJ Octavio is about Captain Cuttlefish's age in years, I'm guessing if there's any relation that granddaughter would probably be more likely numbers wise. The Squid Sisters and Sheldon are grandchildren of people from that generation, after all.

Aside from that though, there's so many different theories bouncing around that it's hard to even tell what might be the most valid. They're all so interesting, haha. But I do think that whatever happens Marina will almost certainly be innocent. How she ended up as an Inkopolis pop star, on the other hand. . .I can already sense that it's gonna be absolutely juicy, whatever it is.

Did Pearl befriend Marina somehow? Are the Octolings and Callie brainwashed and Marina escaped, or did Callie join willingly out of sympathy akin to that whole sector of the Splatoon fandom and Marina leave out of disillusionment with Octarian society/discovering the joys of Inkling society?

Oh gosh, is this game really coming out in less than two weeks? XD
So many questions!! And the thing is we might not get the answer even if we bought and beat the game :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom