Splatoon 2 Mastering Inkjet

thundasi

Senior Squid
I have been working this special and love hate is the only way to say it.

This is my setup for grinding.
https://loadout.ink/#000d0e935ad0b6ad61285ad6b
sploosh has lowest special cost.
+20% Special Charge Up
9.06 seconds of air time up from base of 8 sec.
I'm looking for tips and general discussion on Inkjet. It seems to be the highest skillcap Special but not alot in the way of Strat.

-So lessons learned so far:
walking on grates is a good way to get used to the "speed" of the bullets to lead your shots better.

}{It is easier to aim accurately when you are ascending, so squid forming and then reengaging before you hit the ink stabilizes your aim as well as faking out your enemy.
}{Glooga Duelies have the added benefit of Ink mines for your launch point, so you have early notice if you are being camped.
}{Drop Roller is also viable to give you an extra way out when the jets end.
Jets are 8 seconds 9 seconds with (1 Main,3 sub of Special up)
}{You can run on metal grated area and paint below you also means your aim is stabilized, take full advantage.
}{While jets are active your teammates can jump to your launch AND your physical location so use this to get team members in to harder to access areas, if your special times out before the jump they will land where you launched from.
}{You can squid so ink rails are also available but you cannot activate it on the rail. Launches you pretty high so good to rain hell from above and causing general disorder.
}{Strafe when coming out of the ink to not give a direct line target and juke opponents.
}{ You can pickup Power Clams/Eggs in inkjet form.
}{Drop roller works for inkjet as well.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
All good tips, though I wouldn't recommend Special Power-Up as it wont always be useful and 1 extra shot isn't really worth. Another good idea is take advantage of the terrain, using it throw off peoples aim and reach heights many weapons can't hit you from.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
All good tips, though I wouldn't recommend Special Power-Up as it wont always be useful and 1 extra shot isn't really worth. Another good idea is take advantage of the terrain, using it throw off peoples aim and reach heights many weapons can't hit you from.
Actually special power up also increases the radius of your shots as well.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Thank you for making this thread. The list is really useful! As I run the classic Octobrush among my mains, I really love the Inkjet, despite the nerfing it was hit with. My ultimate goal when launching it is always the quad kill, if the situation allows for it. Whenever I manage that, I feel like this fight was not a wasted one. Long live the inkjet!

I have a question regarding this:

}{ You can deliver/Throw Power Clams/Eggs in inkjet form.
I am aware you can deliver Eggs for Mr. Grizz. But can you actually deliver Clams and Power clams? I thought that was not possible? I do know you can pick them up though. So when your team has a missthrow and the power clam is out of reach, you can surprise the enemy by launching the jet, proceeding up their area, picking it up and then shoot yourself back and score. It's amazing as it is - but I think you cannot throw clams while in jet.

thundasi

Senior Squid
All good tips, though I wouldn't recommend Special Power-Up as it wont always be useful and 1 extra shot isn't really worth.
The sploosh set i posted is for training purposes. i have enough ink in one spray of the reservoir to get IJ up with out refilling and an extra shot to practice. if i stack more:ability_specialcharge:or SPU diminishing returns are such that go with another abilty as the benefit is flatout more. this setup has the highest balanced up time for IJ.

Another good idea is take advantage of the terrain, using it throw off peoples aim and reach heights many weapons can't hit you from.
you mean like strafing off and on an box edge to bouce up and down? a box so you a can bouce up and down? would love to hear some expansion on it or vids if you get the chance.

thundasi

Senior Squid
Thank you for making this thread. The list is really useful! As I run the classic Octobrush among my mains, I really love the Inkjet, despite the nerfing it was hit with. My ultimate goal when launching it is always the quad kill, if the situation allows for it. Whenever I manage that, I feel like this fight was not a wasted one. Long live the inkjet!

I have a question regarding this:

I am aware you can deliver Eggs for Mr. Grizz. But can you actually deliver Clams and Power clams? I thought that was not possible? I do know you can pick them up though. So when your team has a missthrow and the power clam is out of reach, you can surprise the enemy by launching the jet, proceeding up their area, picking it up and then shoot yourself back and score. It's amazing as it is - but I think you cannot throw clams while in jet.
i was wrong you can carry and collect but no throwing, just tested it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks we needed this.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The sploosh set i posted is for training purposes. i have enough ink in one spray of the reservoir to get IJ up with out refilling and an extra shot to practice. if i stack more:ability_specialcharge:or SPU diminishing returns are such that go with another abilty as the benefit is flatout more. this setup has the highest balanced up time for IJ.

you mean like strafing off and on an box edge to bouce up and down? a box so you a can bouce up and down? would love to hear some expansion on it or vids if you get the chance.
Don't have any vids but there's nothing to really expand on, it's as simple as it sounds, just moving to different elevations. If by boxes you mean the ones in Port Mackerel then yeah that's a prominent example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom