• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

MegaTen x Fire Emblem

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Character outside the main party are kept active to make combos (so called sessions) with yours, so they're constantly leveling up weapons and base levels. Plus, I don't think this game has a lot of grind, I'm used with things like Dragon Quest so almost everything else is softier.

The cast is pretty different from regular SMT games, but, I think SMT IV Apocalypse has also a pretty "soft-lovey-dovey" cast for SMT series. As you progress in Tokyo the protagonist growns up, in a persona-ish way (you know, inner-growth and stuff).

By the way, I understand you're also a SMT big fan. If talking about spin-offs matters, I think Tokyo Mirage is more to Persona 4's Rise mood, idol problems and inner-growth. I had problems to deal with persona 3 when it was released after innocent sin + eternal punishment, but I insisted and everything was ok, the same for Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
Well gaining XP from combos is alright, but the random levels still chafe. Eh! As for comparing grinds, Dragon Quest is superior in one regard - load times. This is one of those cases where a less flamboyant RPG's battles can start and end in the time it takes for TMS to go through the opening battle cinematic.

You're right about Apocalypse, but I liked that cast more in general anyway. The more lovey-dovey characters, like Asahi, I basically ignored in favor of the cast members that I did. Navarre all the way! Not so much with Tokyo. Not fond of Itsuki, Tsubaba, Toma, or Kiria, who are all I've got, and that's not great for an RPG. But then, I never really got into Persona either. I expect that I will be crucified now :p

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Well gaining XP from combos is alright, but the random levels still chafe. Eh! As for comparing grinds, Dragon Quest is superior in one regard - load times. This is one of those cases where a less flamboyant RPG's battles can start and end in the time it takes for TMS to go through the opening battle cinematic.

You're right about Apocalypse, but I liked that cast more in general anyway. The more lovey-dovey characters, like Asahi, I basically ignored in favor of the cast members that I did. Navarre all the way! Not so much with Tokyo. Not fond of Itsuki, Tsubaba, Toma, or Kiria, who are all I've got, and that's not great for an RPG. But then, I never really got into Persona either. I expect that I will be crucified now :p
I'm almost finishing Apocalypse, I thought Asahi was going to be like Hikari on SMT IV (I'll avoid spoilers here, but PM me if you want to talk more about this). Navarre was so much fun on this game, despise being a d**k on IV, it was rewarding to see him and his brother grow-up together. That was a great game, but easy to induce people on going towards "friendship power" instead of choosing a concept like SMT III, many answers go like that.
Divine Powers was a nice faction on my opinion, they were so creative on making this one to fit the story.

Hey I would never crucify one because of that! Only if you don't like SMT III Nocturne Maniacs! Just kidding! :D

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm almost finishing Apocalypse, I thought Asahi was going to be like Hikari on SMT IV (I'll avoid spoilers here, but PM me if you want to talk more about this). Navarre was so much fun on this game, despise being a d**k on IV, it was rewarding to see him and his brother grow-up together. That was a great game, but easy to induce people on going towards "friendship power" instead of choosing a concept like SMT III, many answers go like that.
Divine Powers was a nice faction on my opinion, they were so creative on making this one to fit the story.

Hey I would never crucify one because of that! Only if you don't like SMT III Nocturne Maniacs! Just kidding! :D
Navarre was the best partner, both in the story and in battle. Why the taco would I use anyone else when I can have someone who spams buffs and Doping and Debilitate? :D

The Divine Powers were a neat foe, but cartoonishly evil at times. Shesha in particular could've appeared on He-Man with how it acted.

The "Friendship power" thing didn't really bug me, because well, SMT IV's Neutral ending. HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE HOOOOOOOOOPE :P

Good luck finishing the game though, I didn't :P The final dungeon is a 5+ hour teleporter endurance run, ugh.

And I like all the SMT games, even the ancient ones ;)

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Navarre was the best partner, both in the story and in battle. Why the taco would I use anyone else when I can have someone who spams buffs and Doping and Debilitate? :D

The Divine Powers were a neat foe, but cartoonishly evil at times. Shesha in particular could've appeared on He-Man with how it acted.

The "Friendship power" thing didn't really bug me, because well, SMT IV's Neutral ending. HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE HOOOOOOOOOPE :p

Good luck finishing the game though, I didn't :p The final dungeon is a 5+ hour teleporter endurance run, ugh.

And I like all the SMT games, even the ancient ones ;)
Hahahaha Shesha in he-man! Nice comparison!

Yeah, I finally reached the "final final final" boss, kinda predictable for me (reminds me of SMT 2, but hundred times cooler) but a necessary battle to happen and develop the character's roles. I tried one time but failed on his last rounds, but doesn't look some "kick player's a**" boss like DDS or Mem Aleph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom