Motion Controls Become Misaligned After Use

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
I noticed this when practicing my aim in the shooting range. The same thing occurs on all motion control sensitivities. It also continued to happen after recalibrating the motion controls in the system settings.
While tracking the moving targets back and forth, I noticed that I was having trouble with my aim. I put my controller back to its neutral position, and saw that, while I had started with the view pointed directly in front of my inkling, it was no longer there. I verified that I hadn't touched the right control stick or hit the camera reset button. I also hadn't moved in my seat, and the seat hadn't moved.
Below are some pictures. The first is my neutral starting position, and the second is where my camera was facing when I held the controller in neutral position after a few swings back and forth.
DLrH5FdU8AUgxgI.jpg

DLrIFYMVYAAFwCS.jpg

What could be causing this, and how can it be fixed? Needing to reset your aim after just swinging the camera back and forth a few times in normal play seems like it could create some big accuracy issues.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Wich controller (Nintendo switch controller?)
And were you swinging horizontally or vertically?
I can say extensive swinging can cause your aim to be disrupted, do you swing like that in matches?

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
Wich controller (Nintendo switch controller?)
And were you swinging horizontally or vertically?
I can say extensive swinging can cause your aim to be disrupted, do you swing like that in matches?
Yes, this was the switch controller with joycons attached. I was mostly going horizontally, tracking the moving targets across the room. While I did purposely swing the controller rapidly when I took the screenshots so I could get it done quickly, the exact same process occurred even when I was slowly moving the view along with the target.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
The switch controller is somewhat more sensitive but this is weird.
the right joycon is responsible for motion aiming.
Maybe somethings wrong with that?
Try recallibrating both joycons for good measure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom