my hopes and ideas for a possible third volume of Sheldon´s picks.

Do you like my ideal volume?

• OMG I LOVE EVERYTHING GIMME ALL THE THINGS

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I like some ideas, but some feel a little off

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • They're not that interesting, but I couldn't have done better.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Magnus0

Pro Squid
Okay, so now that volume 2 is out, I feel like a lot of people are left a bit dissapointed about the fact that we still didn't get much sub variety, so I thought of making my own prefered volume, so we can discuss about that. So please tell me if you would like my ideal volume actually being implemented. If you don't like it, please explain why and give one of your own ideas.

1. Octobrush (light depletion)
sub: disruptor
special: inkstrike

Everyone likes brushes, it's just that the regular brush is not a very good weapon. That's why we need an octobrush! This might seem like a really weird kit, but hear me out. I did some testing, and I figured out that a disruptor works for exactly 5 seconds, and you can fire of an inkstrike in roughly 4 seconds, firing the thing as fast as possible. With one main and three subs of special duration up, you can fire it in roughly 3 seconds. This gives you a gap of roughly 2 seconds to aim your inkstrike and drop it on a disrupted enemy, basically guaranteeing a splat if you do it fast enough and if the enemy doesn't super jump away imediately. I'm not sure how viable it would be, but I am sure that it would be tons of fun :D

2. E-litre 3-K/ E-litre 3-K Scope (medium depletion)
sub: point sensor
special: inkstrike

As a charger main, I want a charger of course. A lot of people seem to really like the chargers as well, so I think that another E-litre wouldn't be a bad choice. We need more point sensors, and it just makes sense to put on a charger. The inkstrike works well with point sensors, and it makes this E-litre an effective anti charger. I am honestly surprised that there isn't a long range charger with an inkstrike yet, since it's generally a special for long range weapons that stay at the edges of fights to stay hidden when firing it. I think this would be a pretty cool kit.

3. Splattershot jr. (medium depletion)
sub: squid beakons
special: inkzooka

*Offensive pressure intensifies* We desperately need more beakon weapons. The junior has some of the best ink efficiency in the game, along with some of the best ink coverage. It can pretty much roam the map, placing beakons and inking turf wherever it goes to pressure the opponent. It also comes with inkzooka which makes up for the junior's terrible range. the junior can charge inkzooka's super fast, so it can really leave it's mark on the battlefield. I think that this kit would really fit squids that like aggressive support.

4. Rapid Blaster (light depletion)
sub: sprinkler
special: echolocator

f*uck the luna, it doesn't deserve a new kit. I know absolutely nothing about the rapid blaster other than that it's really not used that much and that I'd much rather have a new kit for this blaster than for the luna. I couldn't really come up with a good kit for this one since I never use it, so sorry if this kit is bad :p. One thing that I really hate as a blaster (any blaster really) is that you cannot easily get out of enemy ink, so I inkluded the sprinkler so you can constantly have a pool of ink around you. The echo makes direct hits more easy to pull off, I guess. I really don't know much about this weapon, so I don't have much more to say about it....

5. Sloshing Machine (light depletion)
special: bubbler

The sloshing machine really deserves a buff, and a good kit. Giving this thing the same kit as the custom hydra might actually make it good. The sprinkler is just generally useful for so many things, most notably charging the bubbler. One thing that the sloshing machine really excells at is dealing with multiple enemies at once because of it's AoE. The thing is, the sloshing machine doesn't have the fire rate to get enough sloshes out before it dies. With a bubbler though, the sloshing machine can oppose multiple enemies at once with ease. It has more than enough time to get enough sloshes out and it has enough range to outrange some really popular weapons, like rollers and tentateks.

6. Jet Squelcher (medium depletion)
sub: ink mine
special: killer wail

As bad as it is, we really need some more ink mine weapons. The jet has more than enough range to use the ink mine effectively. It can kite around it to have a bit of a save area when an enemy tries to go for an aggresive approach. With proper ink mine placement, you could force the enemy into the mine with a wail, basically setting a death trap for the enemy. I don't know how viable this weapon would be, but the concept looks pretty interesting to me.

7. Mini Splatling (medium depletion)
sub: squid beakon
special: echolocator

More beakons! The mini is natually the most aggressive splatling, so it makes sense to give it beakons so it can quicly get back into the action to cover turf. This weapon charges echo preeeetty fast, so it can put lots of pressure on the opposing team, just like a splatling should. I don't use this weapon, but I think that a kit like this one would be really interesting. Not sure if it can beat disrubbler though (prolly not).

8. L-3 Nozzlenose
sub: splat bomb
special: splat bomb rush

At first I thought that the last weapon should have another disruptor, but then I realised: I hate disruptors. So then I decided to add a bomb rush weapon, since that special is also kind of rare. The L-3 is really underrated, so that's why it deserves some more attention. I don't get it really, it has two of the best kits in the game, and the main weapon is not that bad, but still nobody uses it. Anyway, this weapon is pretty good at charging the bomb rush, and since the only other weapons with splat bomb rush are the splat charger, and the (giggle) sloshing machine, the L-3 would probably be the most reliable weapon to have a splat bomb rush.

Well, that's it. Waddayathink? Let's start the discussion. I'm curious to see what sort of unique or interesting kits you can all come up with.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I like the thought you've put into this! I'll pick on a couple of things, though. First, quickly, there definitely wouldn't be another Mini (sure, no-one ever uses the Refurbished, but it makes sense that there wouldn't be another Sheldon's Pick Mini). Also, I'm unsure as to the likelihood of an E-Litre, since all other Chargers have had a Pick by now; feels unfair to give one to all Charger families.

Then in response to your SM suggestion... no, it's neat, definitely, but I would (controversially, after how many we got in Vol. 2) want Splash Walls. Downside is that it requires ink efficiency to get almost any shots off after deployment, but upside is that it really works with the SM's ability to attack at awkward angles, get opponents fleeing off a ledge, etc.. I don't know if I can follow your point about it being able to handle multiple opponents at once... in my experience, it never has, but if you've played it a lot or have second-hand evidence of it having that capability, I won't doubt it. Bubbler is lovely for it, though. The weapon itself still deserves buffs...

Magnus0

Pro Squid
I like the thought you've put into this! I'll pick on a couple of things, though. First, quickly, there definitely wouldn't be another Mini (sure, no-one ever uses the Refurbished, but it makes sense that there wouldn't be another Sheldon's Pick Mini). Also, I'm unsure as to the likelihood of an E-Litre, since all other Chargers have had a Pick by now; feels unfair to give one to all Charger families.

Then in response to your SM suggestion... no, it's neat, definitely, but I would (controversially, after how many we got in Vol. 2) want Splash Walls. Downside is that it requires ink efficiency to get almost any shots off after deployment, but upside is that it really works with the SM's ability to attack at awkward angles, get opponents fleeing off a ledge, etc.. I don't know if I can follow your point about it being able to handle multiple opponents at once... in my experience, it never has, but if you've played it a lot or have second-hand evidence of it having that capability, I won't doubt it. Bubbler is lovely for it, though. The weapon itself still deserves buffs...
Oh whoops, I completely forgot about the mini! Goes to show how unpopular it was, I guess.

I am aware that it would be a little unfair to give every charger a new kit, but I'm a charger main, so I couldn't really bring myself to not include it in my list :rolleyes:

Over to the SM then. Right now, it cannot really deal with multiple enemies at once because its AoE is only a 3HKO, and its fire rate is pretty terrible. I mean, it should be able to hold back and damage multiple enemies at once, since it's a slosher, but with how sucky the SM is, it just can't. The idea was to give it quick bubblers so it has enough time to get multple sloshes out, so that it can actually hold back multiple enemies at once.

Interesting point about the wall. I purposely didn't include it hre since we just got three new weapons with a wall, but I can see how it could work on a SM. Tbh though, I think that the devs should give it a buff first to make it stand out. Then they can make a kit around that.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
i think the rapid blaster would benefit more from burstbombs. other than that; well done

Magnus0

Pro Squid
i think the rapid blaster would benefit more from burstbombs. other than that; well done
We just got the grim range blaster though, so I doubt that a possible new blaster will have burst bombs. We also need some more sprinklers, and no blaster comes with a sprinkler, soooo...

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Yeah, Sprinkler makes sense with how much difficulty blasters have in charging up (the SM can actually ink respectably, so I feel like the Sprinkler is less necessary on that). If anything, I'd mention anecdotally that I'm sure I see far more regular Rapids than Rapids Pro; the same set could be applied to the longer-ranged blaster to nice effect. That is, I'd rather get a Rapid Pro in Vol. 3 than a Rapid. The Rapid has two pretty nice sets as it is (regular is strong on TC, and I always felt the Deco to be grossly underused, given how much we've seen Suction Rush boost the Berry to the heights of long-range Shooter popularity).

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
The only kit here that interests me would be the new rapid blaster, as the vanilla has brought me to S rank a few times now. I can see echolocator being fun on it, and sprinkler would be nice for keeping your feet covered at all times, but it feels like it's missing a panic button. Although you shouldn't rely on those, it's almost as though you need one on that weapon given how easy it is for people to scoot right into your face. I'd have gone burst bombs and echo if anything, but you're right that the Grim already got that sub.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
5. Sloshing Machine (light depletion)
special: bubbler
Oh you had the same idea as I had! :D Before Vol 2 I thought about sets I'd like to see and came up with some ideas like:

Sloshing Machine Colour Protect. (a pun on washing powder)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACXVHhqSMjX-A

Mocca Splash-O-Matic. :disruptor::inkstrike:

Tri-Slosher Lemon. :squidbeacon::killerwail:
Now I think a :inkstrike: or even :inkzooka: would be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom