• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

MY IDEA OF AN INK BOW WEAPON CLASS

Would you like to see a bow and arrow class of weapons?

• Total voters

Ink dweller

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
I remember the day when I found out that Splatlings, and Sloshers were their own weapon classes. It was very surprising to hear that. So in the next update, would you like to see an Ink bow and arrow class?

My vision of a bow and arrow class would look like a bow and arrow. It would sort of be like a charger, but with a few exceptions:

There is no laser on the Ink bow and arrow. The ink bow has the same charge function as a Splatling. The first charge is to set up the bow. The second charge, is for aim. there will be an aiming icon that will indicate where the arrow is going. But only the ink bow and arrow user can see it. When the arrow launches it will make a sound. Then, a few seconds before it's about to hit an object, ( time it sounds before it makes impact varies on the speed that the arrow is going depends on the arrow speed. If you charge it well, it it makes another sound that inkings in an Ink strike's radius can hear. When it makes impact with an object, the bow will explode to about the radius of a suction bomb. If an inkling gets hit by the arrow directly, they will automatically get splatted. After a player gets splatted, the game will tell if you got splatted by a curve shot, or a straight shot.(This is when spectator mode would be really useful. @Aweshucks has a sticky thread about that). If you don't want to hear a sound, the bomb sniffer ability would be useful because then you can be alerted of the presence of arrows coming your way.

Ways this would be good to Splatoon: You can add it to legend of Zelda, or Kid Icarus amiibo DLC as Link's, Pit's, and Dark Pit's Bow and arrow.

Basic bow, Custom basic bow, quickdraw bow, custom quickdraw bow, long range bow, custom long range bow

Those are all the ideas I have for a splatoon bow and arrow class

Last edited:

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
It could work like a super dynamo. You can control the arc of the shots even further and have more accuracy, perhaps for less damage, slower fire, or more ink consumption. This could be interesting.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
At first I was like "...how does an arrow made of ink work" but your idea of it sort of being like an ink bomb attached to arrow makes sense.

JaviDaBest

Inkling
NNID
Cosmicboost
I thought of the exact same thing. Except id Imagine you can run while charging like at splattershots speeds

deepseadiva

Full Squid
Cute. But... if we're going to include bows, why not swords, axes, etc.

My favorite thing about Splatoon is the unique weapon designs based on paint rollers, brushes, buckets, washing machines. Thats what separates this game from all the rest. Ideas like this are cute and fun, but I'd rather see more weapons within the design scheme, like fountain pens, water bottles, etc.

RealEpic21

Inkling
NNID
RealEpic21
Switch Friend Code
SW-0225-8332-0439
It could work like a super dynamo. You can control the arc of the shots even further and have more accuracy, perhaps for less damage, slower fire, or more ink consumption. This could be interesting.
I know this thread is dead, but I would think a higher charge speed or ink consumption is better. Low damage takes away from the concept of a bow, while long charge and ink consumption add to it. I mean, you only have so may arrows which are hard to reload quickly. I would basically make it a goo tuber trading it's charge hold for curved, explosive shots, and no lazer. Also, like goo tuber, I would make a non-full charge OHKO. This could be done by having the arrow do know damage, but instead it having a large impact like a suction bomb. Also, like someone else said, it would have high runspeed while charging, but no hold charge.

RealEpic21

Inkling
NNID
RealEpic21
Switch Friend Code
SW-0225-8332-0439
Cute. But... if we're going to include bows, why not swords, axes, etc.

My favorite thing about Splatoon is the unique weapon designs based on paint rollers, brushes, buckets, washing machines. Thats what separates this game from all the rest. Ideas like this are cute and fun, but I'd rather see more weapons within the design scheme, like fountain pens, water bottles, etc.
Maybe the bow could be a larger clothes hook shooting explosive socks or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom