My personal guide to using Rapid Blasters.

Jet Squelching

Inkling
NNID
MewsVengence
:wst_shot_explight00:Rapid Blaster:wst_shot_explight01:
You may love it, or hate it, but for most it is a tricky weapon to use. It is not ever a one shot kill, even with direct, which turns a lot of people off instantly. The other odd thing about the weapon is the spacing skill required is very high. Since the range is so high, you need to be able to keep a consistent distance to kill your opponents without them killing you. So here are some ways I've found you can make the weapon much more usable and possibly even worthy enough to main!

Before I get into strategy, it needs to said that the only game mode I recommend this weapon for is tower control. The reason being that the Luna, Range Blaster, and regular Blaster generally outperform this weapon in other game modes. But don't be fooled! The rapid blaster can reign supreme in tower control! So let's get into actual strategy now.

How to keep spacing -
Arguably the hardest thing to do when using a blaster, it is no easy task. One thing you need to know is exactly how far the blast occurs so that you know the actual distance you need to space for. Some kit variations of the Rapid Blaster come with disrupters which makes it easier to space. If your opponent comes toward you, try to retreat and attack once more or jump away and try again. Remember it is better to just readjust and try again, instead of dying completely. Also, remember that you out-range several guns so keep that in mind when attacking. Basic rules for spacing with blasters apply as well, but I feel I have done a fair job explaining the basics.

How many hits should I expect to kill? -
Keep in mind that you need at least 2 damage up mains, or 1 main 4 sub, for this to apply.
2 direct hits = kill (Even if they run heavy defense)
3 burst shots = kill (Even if they run heavy defense)
2 burst shots = kill (If no defense is ran)
1 direct 1 burst = kill (If they run light/no defense)
1 direct 1 spark = kill (If no defense is ran)
4 spark = (If no defense is ran)

What is sparking and how does it work with the Rapid? -
Sparking is something all blasters can do that involves shooting at the ground to create a strange 'spark' that deals some damage. Possibly used if your spacing is messed up and you can't retreat or jump away, to maybe get a kill if you're lucky. Sparking with the rapid in combination with a direct can usually secure you a kill which is nice. Sparking is NOT something you should be trying to do in order to get kills, because it's unreliable. Sparking is a last resort attack that has a chance to get you out of sticky situations, nothing more.

Final thoughts and conclusion -
To wrap things up, I would say the rapid is a good choice for being able to keep your distance, protect yourself, and pick people off the tower. It is not a weapon that can be compared to much, besides range blaster, so don't be frustrated if you don't pick it up instantly. I really hope that this small guide helped some people out, and I am happy to monitor the comments for more questions any of you might have! Sorry this post is very informational with little room for jokes to keep you guys hooked. But like I said, I hope this helped, leave comments for if you want me to review other weapons, and splat on!

Good summary

I find that it works pretty well on Splat Zones, as more of an offensive/defensive weapon, but only in certain maps where you can shoot from a distance, keep away from the enemy and have a nice clear view of the zone. Museum D'Alfonsino, Saltspray, Arowana, Triggerfish, Mahi Mahi, Ancho V for example. It's range and blast radius can cause problems and put foes on the back foot, which can buy time. I find its a very situational weapon, I usually sit back and assist with mopping up the zones while trying to nab a splat here and there from distance. Even an assist. If we are leading and the opposition is re spawning, I can be aggressive and try to box them in, depending on the level. Works well especially in in Museum when the majority of players come through their entrance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom