My thoughts on the "Supreme Sloshers" challenge

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Nintendo just recently announced one of their upcoming challenges next month, "Supreme Sloshers".
As the image below shows you'll only be able to use weapons from the slosher class in CB on Inkblot/Humpback.
A screenshot of a Challenge card from the JelonzoBot website. The Challenge type is “Supreme Sloshers” on the gamemode Clam Blitz with the stages Inkblot Art Academy and Humpback Pump Track.

I was hoping to get Rainmaker instead but the map selection is actually very good for the whole slosher class (I'm so glad I don't have to play on Wahoo).

The challenge did make me very curious as to which buckets would be the best for it though so I decided to make a tier list.
my-image (9).png

I ranked them based on how well I think that specific slosher does against and with other buckets.

For example, vTri is at the bottom because it struggles a lot at getting in but now it's going to deal with a lot of midrange sloshers and two other longer ranged sloshers that will paint over a lot of the areas that vTri would like to shark around. There's also Point Sensor, Wave Breaker, and even Angle Shooter which will all make it harder for vTri to shark for kills. It's still possible for its team to make up for its weaknesses but vTri also doesn't have a sub that helps the other sloshers with chip damage or paint.

In contrast, cExplo is an amazing option to play with and against other buckets.
The main weapon is great at getting in chip damage, paint, and trapping enemy players with its shots making it very easy for a weapon like Machine or Bucket to come in and pick them off. That's not all though of course, the kit it has is Splash Wall and TSD. Buckets aren't really good against Wall and only Slosher and Dread have a lethal bomb to take care of it. Splash Wall can also protect other buckets like Machine Neo or Slosher if they decide to pop their special in riskier positions. TSD is a very similar case with most of the buckets not being able to reliably cancel it without trading. There's also the 60 damage radius which would be better if it was 70 instead but the current damage it has now can still combo with a lot of the other buckets. It'll especially work well with Slosher which will always do a minimum of 50.

There's a lot more I could say like how Point Sensor is a perfect sub for a slosher only challenge but I'll leave it at that for now.
I'm excited to see what will actually end up being picked when the challenge becomes available, I'll definitely be spending most of my time playing Machine Neo.

(I should have mentioned this earlier but all the tiers are ordered)

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
them picking humpback for this was definitely an extremely good idea. it's every slosher's paradise

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
them picking humpback for this was definitely an extremely good idea. it's every slosher's paradise
They definitely knew what they were doing when they chose Humpback.
I wasn't too sure about Inkblot at first though but I did come to the conclusion that it's also a pretty good pick.
The higher positions are great for Explo and Blob, the terrain around mid lets sloshers like Machine and Slosher poke around more carefully, and I would also say that the map has some good sharking spots for Tri even if it's still going to struggle against the rest of the class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom