• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Need Help Adapting to the meta

Mick Jones

Inkling
I played Splatoon 2 professionally for a while when it was first released, cranked 1400 hours and then stopped playing after burnout. I stopped playing when the Enperry dualies were meta. What has been notably changed with the meta? How can I adapt? What mechanics have changed? What should I look out for? What new techniques are there I should know about? What nerfs/buffs/changes should I look out for? Thank you.

_Alex_

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2820-9957-0983
so basically
kensa pro is the best weapon in the game rn with 3 mains and 4 subs of mpu for 49.9 damage
tent is now one of the best weapons, esp camo tent but vanilla is also really good
missiles are actually good now and ironically better than inkjet, thus making kensa splattershot one of the best slayers in the game
inkbrush nouveau is a clams and zones top tier
so is vanilla l3 with 3 mains and 3 subs mpu
dualies are kinda screwed because kpro destroys them along with almost every other weapon in the game
sloshers are dumb good, soda being probably the best sloshers
sting ray has fallen out of the meta thank god
booyah bomb is a new special and it's really good, best weapons with it are kpro and heavy remix
so yeah that's all off the top of my head join some discord servers if you wanna learn more about the meta

Mick Jones

Inkling
so basically
kensa pro is the best weapon in the game rn with 3 mains and 4 subs of mpu for 49.9 damage
tent is now one of the best weapons, esp camo tent but vanilla is also really good
missiles are actually good now and ironically better than inkjet, thus making kensa splattershot one of the best slayers in the game
inkbrush nouveau is a clams and zones top tier
so is vanilla l3 with 3 mains and 3 subs mpu
dualies are kinda screwed because kpro destroys them along with almost every other weapon in the game
sloshers are dumb good, soda being probably the best sloshers
sting ray has fallen out of the meta thank god
booyah bomb is a new special and it's really good, best weapons with it are kpro and heavy remix
so yeah that's all off the top of my head join some discord servers if you wanna learn more about the meta
You, my good sir, are an angel. Thank you for teaching me. This game has changed a LOT since I last played, makes me a little sad but the old meta was getting boring. Main power up makes me question the balancing team a little too

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
L3 only needs a pure of mpu not 3 mains 3 subs. Also dont undervalue kensa machine which is also a popular slayer choice. Armor is still a really good special, I know jr is super popular now, with some slight off-meta armor picks being nzap and 96 gal, although based on jp tourney data perhaps h3 will make a return over jr but time will tell. Also ballpoint nouveau is often a popular pick for splatling mains since the main weapon is broken af. Idk I’m prolly missing other stuff but that’s what I thought to add

hunterwho

Inkling
also, don't undervalue pretty much any kensa slayer- kensa dualies' kit is still super viable, pro is obviously meta, and kensa machine, while not as broken as it used to be, can still get the job done. heavy remix is the most used splatling ive seen, and a great backline with booyah bomb to finish off a great set. like mar$el said, armor's great, and usually used with nzap for armor spam ftw. i havent seen people using jr because while it can still armorspam it has dismal range (says the biased nzap player lol), and ballpoint (esp noveau) are definitely great in higher tiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom