Need help from other comp players

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
I can't seem to improve my aim. I usually go to the practice room and move around and shoot in there, but when I enter a game its like I can hit anything point blank in front of me

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
;Usually happens with Tentatek (basing that off your sig). Either lag is happening, or you're not a very accurae player. I'd recommend picking up a weapon with some more spread like the Junior, Sploosh, Aerospray, etc. hen again I'm not the S Rank in this.

Power

Inkling Commander
well, in the end that will not really improve your aim. ^
Here is my suggestion, work on killing with a sniper. Your aim will probably be garbage, but if you practice twitch shots in practice room you will get there eventually (as long as you also snipe in regular matches.) Furthermore, predicting enemy movement is also key. It takes some time, but if you predict where they will go, place the reticle there and shoot, most likely they will run into it and die.You will eventually have to be fast and shifty with this. Also, do not stand in one place for too long.

Sorry for the unorganized post, but i hope it helps.

Setu

^This. I must say, snapping my snipes got me 2x better with my overall game(after you get used to the fact that you aren't using the charger). Also, the training room won't help with regular shooters, because they are not moving. When working on snapping however, practice rooms are where I started. Ummmmmm.... Using longer range guns will probably improve it by a small margin. In fact, if you just use a variety of shooter/chargers(instead of having a "main" like people seem to encourage), your overall play will improve significantly with all weapons, especially in the area of ranging and strengths/weaknesses of each weapon.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
well, in the end that will not really improve your aim. ^
Here is my suggestion, work on killing with a sniper. Your aim will probably be garbage, but if you practice twitch shots in practice room you will get there eventually (as long as you also snipe in regular matches.) Furthermore, predicting enemy movement is also key. It takes some time, but if you predict where they will go, place the reticle there and shoot, most likely they will run into it and die.You will eventually have to be fast and shifty with this. Also, do not stand in one place for too long.

Sorry for the unorganized post, but i hope it helps.
^This. I must say, snapping my snipes got me 2x better with my overall game(after you get used to the fact that you aren't using the charger). Also, the training room won't help with regular shooters, because they are not moving. When working on snapping however, practice rooms are where I started. Ummmmmm.... Using longer range guns will probably improve it by a small margin. In fact, if you just use a variety of shooter/chargers(instead of having a "main" like people seem to encourage), your overall play will improve significantly with all weapons, especially in the area of ranging and strengths/weaknesses of each weapon.
What's odd about this is that I also use snipers, and do quite well with them I think. Flick Sniping isn't too hard for me either. It's just when I go to my favorites like ttek and pro when my aim suddenly just sucks.

Power

Inkling Commander
Well... I have had some troubles there also. I guess, prediction is really key. I know you probably don't need to hear this, seeing as you are S rank. Accurately calculating where opponents will go and aiming there, is really the only suggestion I have. This requires concentration, and when you are in the "zone" it just flows naturally. So don't let your aim get to your head. If it is off you can surely do something else to help your team.
What's odd about this is that I also use snipers, and do quite well with them I think. Flick Sniping isn't too hard for me either. It's just when I go to my favorites like ttek and pro when my aim suddenly just sucks.

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
Well... I have had some troubles there also. I guess, prediction is really key. I know you probably don't need to hear this, seeing as you are S rank. Accurately calculating where opponents will go and aiming there, is really the only suggestion I have. This requires concentration, and when you are in the "zone" it just flows naturally. So don't let your aim get to your head. If it is off you can surely do something else to help your team.
-insert Ninja Squid here-

I've recently picked up the 3k Scope and Range Blaster (the latter actually being really effective with that splash wall) which both require precision to master, so maybe pick up a blaster. You feel rewarded when you make a direct impact, and you aren't punished to badly for missing because the radius mean you'll still have a chance to hit.

Snipers are my problem, because my Frame 1 reaction time has dropped since I played COD lol.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
One thing that might help is trying to fight the Octolings in singleplayer from very close range (instead of from afar, which makes them easy kills). They're not the best enemies, but they do move around quite a bit and can splat you very quickly if you hesitate/miss too much

Power

Inkling Commander
-insert Ninja Squid here-

I've recently picked up the 3k Scope and Range Blaster (the latter actually being really effective with that splash wall) which both require precision to master, so maybe pick up a blaster. You feel rewarded when you make a direct impact, and you aren't punished to badly for missing because the radius mean you'll still have a chance to hit.

Snipers are my problem, because my Frame 1 reaction time has dropped since I played COD lol.
Well, even with ninja squid, it is not impossible to predict where people are going based on observations on the routes people usually take. It requires some mental calculation (sub conscious when trained well) of where they will go and firing at that area. I personally wouldn't sacrifice Cold blooded for running a ninja squid, but to each their own I guess. Our experiences may be polar opposites of one another. Also, burst bomb spam. :p

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Positioning is key in shooting games. Work on your positioning and crosshair placement. If you work on that it should get to the point where you're not needing to pull of amazing shots every time as they'll just walk into them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom