Need Help Making a Splatoon Tournament for School

kimerson

Inkling
Premium
NNID
kimerson
I'm the president of a club called VERSUS at my university. The club exists to bring both casual and hardcore gamers together by having small tournaments with many different types of games (ie. Smash bros, Mario Kart, Cooking Mama, etc)

As such, I'm trying to make a tournament that focuses on Splatoon. However, the club budget doesn't exactly cover 8 WII U systems and we can't do 4v4, so I'm thinking of having Battle Dojo as the main game mode.

Any suggestions on a competitive ruleset focused on Battle Dojo is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Doing best 2 out of 3 matches could be your best bet, you could even have the loser of the match pick the next map. (This is assuming you can change the map for battle dojo, im not actually sure if you can because i haven't tested it out myself)

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
Doing best 2 out of 3 matches could be your best bet, you could even have the loser of the match pick the next map. (This is assuming you can change the map for battle dojo, im not actually sure if you can because i haven't tested it out myself)
Yes, yes you can.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
best 2 out of 3, either single or double elimination (I'd recommend single if you expect a relatively large turnout. as a school tournament, you don't want it to go on that long).

You'll also want to figure out a fair way to decide randomly who gets X controller, in case that becomes a problem. I know if I was in it I would want to use the gamepad no matter what if I could. if others have the same mindset, and an argument breaks out, there needs to be an unbiased way to decide (could just be a coin flip or something else more or less random).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom