Need help with sensitivity.

Rodrigo Donna

Inkling
NNID
GonzoTheCreator
What sensitivity do you guys recommend for motion controls?
I want to use a charger and a .52 but I'm having trouble with sensitivity.

splooshlover

Inkster Jr.
What sensitivity do you guys recommend for motion controls?
I want to use a charger and a .52 but I'm having trouble with sensitivity.
There are some posts on this already, but I don't want to leave you hanging. It really depends on how you play and what weapon you use. I main Sploosh and always used the default setting and made it to S. Just yesterday I played around a little with the sensitivity because I was trying to learn to snipe. I think I favor -4 for snipers since I need a steady hand as I am still learning and +4 or +5 for shooters as you need to spin quick to get a kill 1v1 sometimes. I can't believe I never messed with it before as it is a big advantage to be quick on the turn with the close range weapons ( it also explained how guys were doing it to me the last couple months, yes, I am so dumb to have not realized it). Of course, there are splatgods out there who play snipers +5. I am still learning how to snipe though so I prefer a low sensitivity. I would be interested to know what the S+ crowd favors, and I would be willing to bet they prefer a higher sensitivity.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
hey, i'm the S+ crowd!

like you said, it really does depend on the weapon and your personal comfort. there's no right or wrong sensitivity, imo. i use -2 or so for chargers, +2 or so for my main, the octobrush. GENERALLY THOUGH, lower sensitivity favours weapons with precise aim, and higher sensitivity favours weapons that rely on reaction time.

play around with it and see how it feels. if your camera feels kinda gummed up, higher the sensitivity. it feels like you're on fifty cans worth of caffeine? lower it. if you ever found yourself saying "damn i missed that shot because the camera was too slow/fast", you know what to do.

splooshlover

Inkster Jr.
hey, i'm the S+ crowd!

like you said, it really does depend on the weapon and your personal comfort. there's no right or wrong sensitivity, imo. i use -2 or so for chargers, +2 or so for my main, the octobrush. GENERALLY THOUGH, lower sensitivity favours weapons with precise aim, and higher sensitivity favours weapons that rely on reaction time.

play around with it and see how it feels. if your camera feels kinda gummed up, higher the sensitivity. it feels like you're on fifty cans worth of caffeine? lower it. if you ever found yourself saying "damn i missed that shot because the camera was too slow/fast", you know what to do.
Great post, better than I said it. My thing was I was always trying to do a 180 (or 360 or even mctwist 720 - not a real thing...) for a kill when me and my opponent could see the whites of each other's eyes, and the other guy was so often faster on that turn. Now I know why. The last 48 hours I have been winning far more of those kamikaze battles.

On a personal note, I also just drilled a dude with the rainmaker and then dunked it on kelp dome to rank up. It is even sweeter because I am like Stevie Wonder with the rainmaker. I feel like everyone else has great aim and splats me at least three times a match and I get maybe one sweet sweet kill every solstice. This was my best and (admittedly) I did not even see the guy that I splatted. Like I said, kamikaze.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Seems to be very personal. I roll +5 for most weapons, currently +3 for chargers although I should lower that. If you're changing sensitivity I recommend going 2 notches at a time. I tried going down one step at a time for chargers and just buggered all my snap shots. 2 was enough that I could feel the difference and could re-learn.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
It can depend. A while back I used default for certain weapons, +5 max for close range and rollers, and -3, -4, even -5 for chargers and eliters. At some point I decided to just get used to using EVERYTHING on +5 because I'm often changing weapons in private battles between chargers, splooshes, and anything else, and while I can change weps and gear between matches, you can't change sensitivity without leaving the lobby. So I had to pick a sensitivity and stay with it. Now, even sniping just feels normal on +5, though I admit since I'm out of practice with eliter since they nerfed it to oblivion, I'd probably be better off reducing it on the very rare instances I still pick up an eliter.

IMO it's easier to learn sniping at very low sensitivity, but with practice you can do it as effectively at any sensitivity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom