Need Slosher Tips!

SquidPerson23

Inkling
NNID
l0rdmmm
Im trying out slosher deco, and frankly, I suck at both turf war and ranked. Any tips from high-ranking players?

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
I've been using the Slosher Deco for a couple months and made it to S+ rank so I think it's quite a worthy weapon.

Make every slosh have meaning as they each cost time and ink. So if you need to cover turf then make every slosh cover unclaimed or enemy turf rather than repeatedly slosh over places already covered in your own ink. In combat you must be accurate as missing is very costly. (you can slosh multiple times faster in succession if you repeatedly tap ZR, only use if it means covering turf faster or obtaining a kill)

Wall sloshing is important. Sloshers are the fastest weapons to create climbable walls so use this to your advantage. Most walls can be covered in one slosh but taller walls require two.

Practice angling your shots. This is a versatile weapon for where ink can hit, find how you can use this to your advantage. Motion controls are a must to fully utilize this. Know your range at every angle how high and far you can hit is important.

Jumping and sloshing is great to extend range over walls and Slosher's accuracy will never be affected.

Splash wall placement is important, it's best to throw a splash wall in front of you just prior to engaging in combat but also know when combat will require more ink usage so don't always throw it. Splash walls eat ink so manage ink wisely and only throw on a full tank unless you're running away. Occassionally you should slosh once then throw a wall either to hit an enemy or just to give yourself room to swim.

Kraken is important, once you obtain it hold it until absolutely necessary to use it. Usually it is good to farm for Kraken before engaging in combat but don't completely forget the objective to do so. Use Kraken when you are about to be beaten in combat, so if you don't have time for another slosh to kill the enemy before they get to you then Kraken. Sometimes it's good to preemptively Kraken if you're going into an unsafe area and you can catch the enemy off guard.

There's at least some basic tips. Good luck.

(btw this post would fit better in the weapons and gear category. This isn't really a competitive discussion)

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I'm just gonna add up the few basics YES and NO's with Sloshers:

YES: Sloshers do not have a disadvantage while on lower ground, only if it's out of range.

YES: The Sloshers can be thrown over Splash Walls, stay safe and INK over it.

YES: Sloshing over walls preemptivily will give you free ground to cover where other require bombs, be sneaky.

YES: Sloshers cover a line of range, don't ink AT the enemy, ink OVER them. (Sloshing machines have a hit radious around it's shot and is the only one required for maximum damage to ink AT the enemy)

NO: Sloshers fire rate is lower than many weapons, don't make a confrontational battle against Splattershot type weapons face to face.

NO: Sloshers does consume ink deceptively fast, don't be too reckless when near enemy territory or in the center of the map.

Once you get the hang on how the Slosher works it should be easier to master it.
I would recommend to practice your aim in the practice ground behind Shelldon's weaponry.
Always make sure you move around too when Sloshing, as i have found out that Run Speed up doesn't work properly for the Sloshers [?].

SquidPerson23

Inkling
NNID
l0rdmmm
I've been using the Slosher Deco for a couple months and made it to S+ rank so I think it's quite a worthy weapon.

Make every slosh have meaning as they each cost time and ink. So if you need to cover turf then make every slosh cover unclaimed or enemy turf rather than repeatedly slosh over places already covered in your own ink. In combat you must be accurate as missing is very costly. (you can slosh multiple times faster in succession if you repeatedly tap ZR, only use if it means covering turf faster or obtaining a kill)

Wall sloshing is important. Sloshers are the fastest weapons to create climbable walls so use this to your advantage. Most walls can be covered in one slosh but taller walls require two.

Practice angling your shots. This is a versatile weapon for where ink can hit, find how you can use this to your advantage. Motion controls are a must to fully utilize this. Know your range at every angle how high and far you can hit is important.

Jumping and sloshing is great to extend range over walls and Slosher's accuracy will never be affected.

Splash wall placement is important, it's best to throw a splash wall in front of you just prior to engaging in combat but also know when combat will require more ink usage so don't always throw it. Splash walls eat ink so manage ink wisely and only throw on a full tank unless you're running away. Occassionally you should slosh once then throw a wall either to hit an enemy or just to give yourself room to swim.

Kraken is important, once you obtain it hold it until absolutely necessary to use it. Usually it is good to farm for Kraken before engaging in combat but don't completely forget the objective to do so. Use Kraken when you are about to be beaten in combat, so if you don't have time for another slosh to kill the enemy before they get to you then Kraken. Sometimes it's good to preemptively Kraken if you're going into an unsafe area and you can catch the enemy off guard.

There's at least some basic tips. Good luck.

(btw this post would fit better in the weapons and gear category. This isn't really a competitive discussion)
Thanks!( sorry, will do for future posts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom