Nintendo Account ID - get em while they're hot

Maave

Inkling Commander
Nintendo Account IDs are now open for registration. These are the new account names for the Switch, separate from the NNID. Log into (or make) your Nintendo account and then go to "User ID" section where you can set the Account ID. Minimum 6 characters. Names are automatically converted to lowercase, spaces appear to be invalid, dashes are valid in the middle of the name. You can change it at any time. Duplicate names are not allowed so get yours while you can!

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/20/14671310/nintendo-account-id-register
https://accounts.nintendo.com/

What will we abbreviate this to? NAID? NID?

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
So, it said that in order to login, I can use the NNID. Does this mean that I properly get the NID then?

Maave

Inkling Commander
Should be. After logging in you'll be on an account page, look for the field "Account ID" "User ID" to set the new ID.

edit: fixed the name. Screenshot for clarification.

Last edited:

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
I did this a week or so ago, not because of the switch. Can't remember why. Looks like it's already linked my NNID to this account so that's not a problem.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
User Information -> User ID

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
So I linked my Facebook and Nintendo account together; how do I know it worked and found the right person, etc? Any ideas?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Couldn't think of an awesome name (to squat on) so I just went with "ansible," oh ho hum. =p

So I linked my Facebook and Nintendo account together; how do I know it worked and found the right person, etc? Any ideas?
Log in then go to your profile/user info/whateva. There should be a section or option showing your linked accounts: NNID, twitter, facebook, google+

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom