• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

N'Zap 85

Mr.Glass

Inkling
NNID
Sw-6900-9633-121
Anyone else fall in love with the gun immediately? My favorite so far. Level 11.

P-Kong

Full Squid
I love it just as much as in the first game.
Didn't use it for a while, but I had most wins with it.
Currently, I'm sided with my trusty Octobrush and it got me to A- in SZ, maybe you'll also like using it.

Its mobility is still pretty noteworthy and I like to use gear that increases my mobility.
Run Speed Ups (and IR to an extent) are pretty interesting on the N-ZAP, which is good for strafing.
The kit also is pretty nice, Ink Armor is synergizing well with the aforementioned mobility.

Zolda

Full Squid
The N-Zap '85 was probably my favorite weapon in the first game, but I'm not liking it nearly as much in this one for several reasons. I ran it with Defense Up, which was great for nullifying the TTK advantage some of the other shooters had over it, particularly the Splattershot. With Defense Up gone in Splatoon 2, that lack of extra survivability makes it much harder for the N-Zap to work as well against the other shooters who can take it out so much quicker than it can take out them, even with its high mobility. Ink Armor can help with this, but since it's a special it's not something you can rely on consistently like you could with Defense Up previously.

I also preferred the Splat Bombs on it to the Suction Bombs. This really comes down to personal preference though, Splat Bombs are one of my favorite subs in both games and I typically have much more success with them than Suction Bombs. I haven't played enough of the '85 in this game to really know how well the Suction Bombs actually work with it, but it just makes it less fun for me personally since I loved the Splat Bombs so much.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
It was easily one of my favorite weapons in the first game, and it still is now.

Much like in the first game I like to use the N-Zap 85 with a lot of swim speed for a pretty aggressive playstyle and the Ink Armor in Splat2 really helps with that playstyle I enjoy playing with the weapon.

My only gripe with similar to what Zolda said about the Splat Bombs being replaced with Suction Bombs as Splat Bombs was one of my favorite sub-weapons in the first game and I prefer them over the Suction Bombs (although the Suction Bombs do good work).

I've been using the N-Zap 85 in most of my ranked matches so far (although recently when been having a good time using the .52 Gal) until I can get my hands on the Jet Squelcher and Mini Splatling.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I've been doing well with it, but I have some reservations now. It definitely has a disadvantage to Splattershots in direct conflicts, and they're possibly the most popular weapons right now. Ink Armor is pretty good, but I find that players have rapidly found ways of countering it and I'm not sure it's worth the full time disadvantage the weapon comes with. I used to prefer Suction Bombs to Splat Bombs, but subjectively it seems like they've been tweaked slightly and my preference has now shifted. The run speed is nice, though, and that does help a lot on larger maps.

Mr.Glass

Inkling
NNID
Sw-6900-9633-121
After I made this post I started branching out to some other guns. Everyone is definitely right about suction bombs, they aren't the best, but the area coverage is pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom