Patch 2.6.0 Ability Questions

TacosConCarne

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TacosConCarne
Bomb Sniffer:

[ Bomb Sniffer will now also reduce the first 100 points of damage(*) dealt by Splat Bombs, Suction Bombs, Seekers, and Ink Mines by 40%, and damage dealt by Burst Bombs by 20%.

Damage values do not include the effects of Attack Up or Defense Up. ]

So does anyone have a clear understanding of this or tested it out with friends?
Bombs do 180 damage for a direct hit so does that mean if you get a direct hit you take 60 + 80 damage?
And burst bombs do 60 for a direct hit so its down to 48?

Opening Gambit:

[ Changed from boosting speed in Inkling and squid forms to increasing efficacy of the main gear ability for each of your three pieces of gear for the first 30 seconds of battle. ]

Like, this is still fairly useless right?
Because it takes the hat main gear slot itself, you only buff your shirt and shoes main gear abilities for 30s
Only thing i could see it being used for is run speed/swim speed/special charge shirts/shoes

Ink Saver (Main):

[ Increased the maximum possible ink saved from 40% to 45%. ]

Ink Saver (Sub):

[ Increased the maximum possible ink saved from 25% to 35%. ]

Ink Recovery Up:

[ Increased the maximum possible ink recovery rate from 67% to 82%. ]

These 3 all increased their maximum limits, but does that mean the basic amount also got buffed?
i was testing out ink saver (main) b4 the patch hit
using the rapid blaster i had 15 shots without any saver and 18 shots with 1 main ink saver (main)

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Basically, Bomb Sniffer reduces Burst bomb damage by 20% and splash damage from other bombs by 40%.

That is the simplest way to understand it. I say this because with Bomb Sniffer and every single one of your slots being Defense Up, it is impossible to reduce a direct bomb hit (excluding Burst Bombs) lower than 100. Therfore, a direct bomb hit will always kill you irregardless of how much defense up and bomb sniffer you have.

I think Opening Gambit in the patch notes is worded incorrectly. When I played with it, it did not boost my mains (QR, DmgUp, etc) or appear to. I did feel it gave the 3 Run Speed and 3 Swim Speed effect which was translated from previous patch notes.

For ink abilities, yes its a total increase or should be. The way i explained it to a squad member was as follows:

To explain in another way. This is the data for Ink saver (sub)
3Main/5Sub = 76.6% consumed when using sub weapon
2Main/9Sub = 76.2% consumed when using sub weapon
3Main/6Sub = 76.0% consumed when using sub weapon
3Main/7Sub = 75.6% consumed when using sub weapon
3Main/8Sub = 75.2% consumed when using sub weapon
3Main/9Sub = 75.1% consumed when using sub weapon

The patch notes released seem to comply with this data as it indicates that maximum in saver (sub) can save is around 25%.

If you change 3Main/9Sub = 75.1% to 3Main/9Sub = 65.1% consumed when using sub weapon, everything above it has to be changed or the math wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
I'm still confused
To further clarify from the above post:

Bombs have multiple damage radius within their blasts. Splat bombs, suction bombs, and seekers have two damage radius, inner is instant splat and outer is referred to as splash damage which will never instant splat on its own but can combine with other damage to splat. Bomb sniffer does not decrease the damage of the inner blast radius of splat bombs, suction bombs, and seekers so it is impossible to survive a hit from the inner blast regardless of defense up abilities.
You are however more likely to survive multiple splashes from the outer radius in case you get caught around a bomb rush. Also given what bomb sniffer actually does you are more likely to dodge out of inner blast range so you'll only take damage from the outer splash. (Given that many splat bomb, suction bomb, and seeker weapons tend not to stack damage up it is very likely that you will take the least amount of damage possible from the outer splash)

Opening gambit was poorly translated, it's actual effect is 3 main abilities worth of run and swim speed for the duration of the opening 30 seconds. This is excellent for rushdown plays where the enemy team is quickly wiped and the objective taken as far as possible in the beginning so your team gets an early lead that makes the enemies panic and play worse.

All ink efficiency abilities will be more beneficial than previously regardless of amount stacked. 1 main ability in patch 2.6.0 is worth more than 1 main in 2.5.0 or earlier.

I hope this clarified all the questions enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom