• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

People use forums in 2024?

silvr_nouveau

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/They/She
Switch Friend Code
SW-5141-3082-0456
It's less "profitable" or entertainment based than things like twitter or tiktok, which is why it's a less used format these days, but it's much healthier for discussion than said places :)
agreed, I am a new user but from my short time here it seems so much more healthier then Twitter so people can have discussions here without toxicity breaking out

Deepsink

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5185-1960-7222
agreed, I am a new user but from my short time here it seems so much more healthier then Twitter so people can have discussions here without toxicity breaking out
right I've only seen one very toxic person everyone else seems chill

1O7JR

Inkster Jr.
I still use a few forums online. I think they're a lot more friendlier and to-the-point than a Discord server, which (to me) feels overwhelming in comparison with the onslaught of information being exchanged constantly. Same with Twitter, which while good for finding a lot of information and content from other users quickly, is not great for archival or long-form content (or for content with staying power).

Though it's unfortunate that we've reached an era of users so removed from forums, that they are having difficulty managing it and refusing to try to integrate, which creates a loss of potential activity. But that's just my observation so far. My hope is that anybody who comes along from Twitter or Discord gives things a chance.

Deepsink

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5185-1960-7222
I still use a few forums online. I think they're a lot more friendlier and to-the-point than a Discord server, which (to me) feels overwhelming in comparison with the onslaught of information being exchanged constantly. Same with Twitter, which while good for finding a lot of information and content from other users quickly, is not great for archival or long-form content (or for content with staying power).

Though it's unfortunate that we've reached an era of users so removed from forums, that they are having difficulty managing it and refusing to try to integrate, which creates a loss of potential activity. But that's just my observation so far. My hope is that anybody who comes along from Twitter or Discord gives things a chance.
Yeah its been a adjustment using squidboards but I dont find it too hard, ive never used one so its a tad bit overwhelming but adjusted fast

Rua

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0344-1515-1527
Oh man, I cannot remember the last time I was on a forum aha. It's like the early 2000's all over again!

Octmari

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mackenzie
Switch Friend Code
SW-1311-4577-4326
Forums are nice. I still use a few!:ability_bombsniffer:

Reactions: Rua

1O7JR

Inkster Jr.
Yeah its been a adjustment using squidboards but I dont find it too hard, ive never used one so its a tad bit overwhelming but adjusted fast
It's understandable. With the platforms I mentioned, it's very easy to simply "shout into the void". The forum format begets a need for some thought when it comes to posting due to the fact that 1) Everyone can see the topic + the responses to it, and 2) Posts are required to stay on-topic to some capacity, a rule I feel is often broken in Discord servers (Especially slow ones. If you know you know lol).

Forums at least have the benefit of allowing people to sort topics in dedicated categories to find what they're looking for, and if not then you have the freedom to start a thread. On Twitter it's really a luck of the draw whether someone will see it or not, and on Discord the information will be scattered among channels or messages.

(Speaking more generally in the end there.)

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
I haven’t used forums for several years prior to this, I suppose other social media such as Discord took over. I do kinda miss how good they were though, the UI is bringing back memories. Generally glad to be back into them now, Hope they make a successful return!

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
yeah no one is really toxic here and if anyone IS they can get banned/removed by a admin or moderator I think idk how it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom