Permanent Shifty Station

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
The recent Splatfest's map was super great, enough to make me more upset over it being removed at the end than continuing my Splatfest losing streak that started in Splatoon 1. All of the open space was a nice change of pace from the super obstacle-riddled and constrictive stages that always seem to be in the rotation whenever I'm online. For once, I didn't feel like I was constantly overextending and the presence of giant cannons raining hellfire on the battlefield didn't even make me flinch. I basically got addicted to it in the twenty-four hours of it being active.

But now it's gone.

And now, I'm wondering how possible it is that the map could come back as a permanent addition to the game, like after Splatfests are no longer being churned out by Nintendo. It doesn't seem likely that all of the Shifty Stations will return as regular maps, seeing as this game already has more permanent stages than its prequel, but I was wondering what everyone thought about them coming back at all. Is it possible? Which ones would you like to see if they were brought back?

Padre

Pro Squid
I dont think Shiftys are coming back. But there could be another similar coming up, or maybe brand new stage even.

This game would benefit from one open arena-style of map.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
I think it's reasonable to assume that when Splatfests end, the Shifty maps would become available. That'd be nice! Either as a specific Shifty station being in the rotation, or a random one out of all of them.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Officially? Probably not. However, they are way more than likely a permanent part of the game now, even if they aren't accessible. All of the Splatfest dialogue downloaded in patches in Splatoon 1, for example, stayed. What this means, is that whenever Switch hacking becomes a thing, you may be able to play on the Splatfest maps in private battles, provided everyone is running the same mod as you.

You can even take it a step further and add in your own maps (sorry about the music; not my video).

Granted, I think all that anyone knows how to do at this point is move standard objects and not actually make the terrain, but it's something.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I'm going with my earlier guess: after Splatfests are over, all previous Shifty Stations will be entered into the Turf Wars rotations. They'll all count as one map for the purpose of frequency, but every time it comes up in a rotation, it will be one specific Shifty Station for that rotation.

Alternatively: they'll be accessible in private battles only. Possibly via Amiibo. But I hope it'll be the former.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom