• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Planning To Launch A Tournament Series! NEED HELP!

Nihabz

Banned (6 points)
So I've had this idea to host an ongoing tournament series called SquidBash Go but have no experience as a TO and no place to start. That is why I am reaching out to all of you for help. The tourney structure and rule set will be similar to that of Ink Or Sink. I plan to include all modes of competitive play and also do tourneys solely revolving around single modes. There is no true date for this event but I plan for this to be a monthly series eventually. Right now I am looking for the following ppl to help me organize this.

People with TO experience

People with connections to spread the word

Artist to design the logo
(will discuss design ideas personally)

Help me achieve this goal and let's make this a reality!

Contact me via Twitter Nihabz, Skype Nihabz, or blackwing636@gmail.com for inquiries

Last edited:

WydrA

Inkling Commander
No offense intended, but what exactly are you bringing to the setup of this tourney other than the name?In other words, why should people put their energy into helping make your vision for this tourney come true? I mean you've admitted you don't really have any experience running a tourney, so it kind of seems like you want people to tell you how to do everything. Essentially setting up the tournament for you. I think the only reason people would be willing to do that for you is if you had something big, cool and/or unique that no one else had thought of. Something people would be willing to do all the work for just to see come true.
Again, not trying to attack or even discourage you. I'm just letting you know what it looks like from where I'm standing. my recommendation is to either get some experience helping others running tournies, or ask to "shadow" people or something or even just straight up get advice from some TO's before you ask more people for help. People like knowing they have a competent leader who knows exactly what they're doing before they dedicate themselves to a cause.

Either way, best of luck. :)

Nihabz

Banned (6 points)
Just posted info for first tourney in tournament listings. Go check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom