• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Pokemon Go

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310

I'm a pokenerd as far as the games go and i'm relatively pumped for this. If it's real, which i think it is, because it has links that go to Pokemon.com.

I say relatively, because i can see this going very wrong. People will be making headlines in newspapers because they were trying to catch a pokemon on their phones. Also, as far as i know, you have to "pitch" your phone to throw balls... and i can see alot of broken phones in the future.

And the balls can't be free. Nintendo has gone in-game purchase with a few games now and that kind of scares me a little... especially with the mass amount of Pokeballs you usually need. I can see an Ultra Ball going for 20 RL bucks, just for ONE.

Also, you see a wild Charizard here... everybody will have all the starters right off the bat. Also, at the "Mewtwo Event" everybody gets one. They're claiming rarity flies out the window in this movie. You could argue with me on the Mewtwo, because every single game had the chance to catch one, but in this case, there was one and RL is the game. Only the trainer with the Pikachu should have gotten him. Also the same with the Charizard, but i'd argue that you had to go the Professor to get one. Here you're just picking one off on your way to work.

Yes, that would even go on to escalate into that one person being mobbed for it. THIS is what scares me. The Pokemon world combined with our already freaky real world.

Lastly, what's all in that movie is more than likely not going to happen. The gameplay is likely in the last few seconds.

Of course, i'm probably just overthinking all this. It's kind of what i do.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
I'm looking forward to this, I still think it will fail. It's driven on the nostalgia of people and people waiting for the next main series announcement. And this comes from a guys that adores pokémon.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
I'm saying fail, but with much darker consequences.

I'm seeing that Nintendo will have to shut it down because of how popular it will get.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Looks interesting, but I thought the Augmented Reality fad had died down. This would have been great to pair up with Google Glass provided you could find enough people to spend the money. Still, this will probably take off in Japan. Doubt it will in the US though. I just don't see the widespread interest in AR apps anymore. They would have been better off making a Pokémon MMO.

I sincerely hope they aren't using this app to test the smartphone gaming waters. A full-blown Pokémon title on iOS/Android would have been a no-brainer. I fear if this doesn't take off, Nintendo will put off entering the phone gaming market. They are the kings of mobile gaming. They should be going balls deep.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Yeah, i'm a little put off that they're "Testing waters" and not going "Screw it, lets throw everything at it!"

Also, yeah, a full blown Pokemon game is more their thing than "Something to go with RL". Still, i'm going to dip my feet in it, i have played a GPS monster catching game and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Well Pokemon Go has come out for a lot of countries in the world and it has taken the world by storm. It may not be exactly like what it was advertised to be (seriously when is it ever?) but it's still a lot of fun!

Btw what team did everyone choose? I picked team Instinct because Zapdos is my favorite of the 3 legendary birds. We are the storm and there will be no shelter for you!

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
Well Pokemon Go has come out for a lot of countries in the world and it has taken the world by storm. It may not be exactly like what it was advertised to be (seriously when is it ever?) but it's still a lot of fun!

Btw what team did everyone choose? I picked team Instinct because Zapdos is my favorite of the 3 legendary birds. We are the storm and there will be no shelter for you!
I picked Valor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom