Post-release balancing?

CN-

Inkling
NNID
Caplain
With the large outcry of the Roller being OP and the Charger being under-powered (regardless of how true this is), do you think that Nintendo will make changes to the weapons via game patches? Is it a good idea to try to balance elements of the game post-release or should Nintendo let the meta develop independently?

I'm personally against making significant game changes after release, especially for a competitive game like this. But who knows, I'm not a game developer.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
If it's over centralizing the metagame, Nintendo should patch it. But not immediately after release, maybe after a couple of months.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
From what I saw from Treehouse stuff they at least were kind of content about how everything went in relation to Testfires. I think it was the Best Buy interview deal where they mentioned that initially everyone hated the roller and people were cursing the heavens but by the end of the Testfires everyone had realized they aren't as good as the masses thought.

but with continuous updates I wouldn't be surprised if any bigger issues/things unintended by devs get patched

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
Only reason rollers got a lot of hate was because they had an easy learning curve so people using it had an easier time being good with it. The roller has a low skill-ceiling so they will slowly begin to become less of a problem and more of an easy kill.

As far as patches, I would love to see Nintendo patch the game to maintain a balance between all weapons, however all patches should be finished by the end of the first year of release as by then the meta-game would be fully established.

Thebluehero

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
YoloSwaggie
It's been proven that the Splat Charger is good, and the Paint Roller isn't that op.

Setu

If you want to talk about balancing and bans, make sure you go check out the multiple threads in the competitive section. PS if anything is OP so far, it would be the Splattershot Jr. Rollers got wrecked in the most recent testfire.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If any mechanic exploits are found, I sure hope they patch it asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom