(Private) Battles with uneven number of players on each team

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
So, for some reason, I find 3v3s, 2v2s, 1v1s, and pretty much any other combination that isn’t 4v1 or 4v4 really fun when they’re actually planned and not due to disconnects. I love the added pressure—getting splatted is a much bigger deal than in good old 4v4s. Also, I think it’d be interesting to pit, say, three A rank players against a single S or S+ player or something, and see who comes out on top. There’d be a lot of interesting new strategies and approaches to explore too, with people bringing gear suited to smaller teams.

What do you think about uneven matchups? I’m always up for playing matches like those myself, but unfortunately I don’t get to do it much. If anyone wants to try them out, feel free to add me.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I don't mind uneven matches in private battles. The challenge can actually be fairly entertaining. I've won many 4v3 and even some 3v2 matches where I was on the team with less people. Private battles can have people of all different types of skill level so it can add a lot of interesting things and test your own skill. I know that a lot of people don't like the uneven matches though. When I'm doing private matches, I will often sit out if I'm on the team with more people. I just feel like it's the nicer thing to do as the host and everyone does appreciate it. I kind of wish there was a way to ensure I was always on the bigger team without actually having to set teams. Just so the players could be rest assured that someone would be making it fair. :)

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
I am a fan of uneven match-ups. It's one of the best ways to practice in a sort of "Trial by Fire" environment. And pulling off the win on the lower numbered team is always far more satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom