Problem I'm having (way better in TC)

Squidilicious

Full Squid
I played S2 up to S+ and then stopped playing for like 6 years and picked the game up again a few months ago for S3. I don't particularly remember having this problem in S2 but in S3 I'm much better at TC than the other modes. I've won all my series and rank up battles except one by just playing TC.

But whenever I play the other modes I'm just much worse at them and I think it's bc it's much harder to figure out where people are. TC kind of forces people to be within a general radius of the tower (depending on their weapons range ofc)...I can predict where they will be whether they're on defense or offense.

I don't think I'm very good at paying attention to the other cues the game gives you about where people are in the other modes (sounds, visual etc).

I also wonder if maybe winning in TC pushes up my power so I struggle when I play the other modes....or does the game keep track of your power by mode?

I play RBD (and sometimes dualie squelchers w splat bomb) in TC, and dualie squelchers or either splash in the other modes. I wish DS had a better special. I tried to make splattershot work for me since it basically outclasses splash neo but I like to paint for my team and I seem to have more impact with splash neo.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Could it be because your playstyle is better for rapid deco and/or you just have more experience with that weapon, and you only use it in TC?
Basically, what if it's a weapon thing and not a mode thing

briank913

NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
I asked Reddit once why people would use Range Blaster in Zones. They basically reminded me that to win in Zones, you not only cap the zone but also stop the enemy from capping Zone. And you do that by killing them, which Blasters are super good at. And once you do kill, you try and stop them from coming back which is why you go beyond the Zone. All this is to say for Zones, the enemy will first be within the vicinity of the Zones. And RBD is fine to bring there!

Rainmaker can be a variable. First everyone will go to the center to pop the shield, then contest the Rainmaker. But generally people will be where the fighting is and that is within the Rainmaker itself. Some people may try to invade the enemy base to make the way for the Rainmaker too but this is an outlier. RBD I think works in RM.

Clam Blitz is basically unpredictable. With clams scattered all over, people will be going around collecting clams while some focus purely on fighting before collecting clams. You just gotta be careful but look at your map for where the clams are and you're likely to find someone nearby. Always be mobile. RBD can work but you may benefit more from a faster and lighter /more mobile weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom