• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Puffling Tails (Tales); Chapter I

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
Puffling Tails (Tales); Chapter I

Meet Puffling

It was a sunny day, as usual, in Summer heights. Summer heights was a lovely little place where it was always sunny, and kids were always playing outside, and the flowers always smelled sweet and stayed in bloom all year long. In fact, everyone there was so happy and energetic, even cats and dogs got along. So, you must be thinking; everyone in Summer heights is super happy, RIGHT?

Well, you’re wrong.

Living in room 803 in the apartment complex, Lilac apartments, was a very strange individual. This person was never, ever, happy. They kept the lights off 24/7. They only opened the windows to yell “QUIET, YOU!!!” to the children in the rooms below if they were laughing too loud. She always kept her hood up, and if she was outside, she was only ever outside for a maximum of 2 hours, and nobody knew why. Everyone thought this person was a soulless, cruel beast. But the truth is, she really wasn’t.

One day, however, trouble decided to strike. Other residents in the apartment building were complaining about her, and the landlord decided to have a little talk with her.

“I’ve heard a few complaints lately about your… ‘Strange attitude.’” The landlord said.

“What do you mean? I’m not strange at all.” Puffling tried to look as not-strange as she could.

“Well then.” The landlord raised an eyebrow. “Why do you never take off that hood of yours?”

“Because my hair is always messy.” Puffling replied, in fear that the landlord would end up learning she wasn’t human.

“I’m sure it’s not that bad.” He said back to her.

Puffling felt something…. Something strange. That’s when she had realised. It had been 2 hours. She was turning back to her dog form!

“I…. I have to go for a minute.” She said nervously, running out of the room.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
The landlord began to chase her.

He chased her around the corner, down an alleyway, and behind a trash can, all without her noticing a thing. But as soon as she noticed him, it was too late. She had already fully transformed.

“Oh. My. Goodness.” The landlord uttered before fainting in surprise.

2 hours later, Puffling was back into her regular form and she walked up to her apartment fearfully, when she saw a note on the door.

Hello.

We are regretful to say that you have been EVICTED for the following:

Pet violation

Disrespect for neighbours

Shady behaviour

You have 48 hours to pack up your bags before we complete the eviction.

Regards, Mr. Oddball

“ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!” Puffling screamed out in devastation. “I LITERALLY JUST MOVED IN!!!!!!!”

Puffling began to cry a little. She had been swept out of every place she had been to like a piece of trash. "Why am I always rejected? I wish I had somewhere to live..." She sobbed. That was when she noticed a magazine had been delivered to her door.

Looking for a nice place to live? Come to Inkopolis!

Puffling thought about this. “Will the people there be mad if I’m an Inkling? Or a dog?”

“I guess it won’t matter. Looks like this is my only option…. So, Inkopolis, wherever you are, Here. I. Come.”

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
It sounds like you got evicted for introverted behavior. I didn't know it was a crime to be so introverted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom