Question about game mechanics; Standing in ink DoT

GreySilence

Inkling
If you're say, standing in your own ink color, and all of a sudden you're being shot at and the ground beneath yourself is turned into the enemy color, do you immediately take damage from standing in the enemy ink? And can this damage lower the amount of shots a weapon needs to kill you?

From what I've seen, stacking damage ups can push most weapons 1% or so away from requiring less shots to kill.
If you took that 1% damage from standing in ink, would the game allow a gun to kill you in less shots?

I've been debating about getting a damage up for my Jet Squelcher, because I'm unsure if this is how it works or not.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I simply couldn't find the answer myself.

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
Standing in the opponents' ink does not directly damage you (standing in enemy ink will never kill you), but it will lessen the number of shots it will take to kill you, eventually to the point where nearly any weapon will one-hit you.

GreySilence

Inkling
Maybe I was too vague, but what I basically wanted to know was that if I was using a gun that did 33 damage per shot, is it effectively a 3-shot kill? because when you shoot at someone, chances are you'll coat the ground they're standing on in your own ink color, right? so they should in theory take at least that 1% extra damage while you're shooting at them and die in 3 hits

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom