• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Question regarding gear

horizons889

Inkling
I think it's all fine and dandy that you get a new set of gear every few levels. But my question is how do I know which gear to buy? I don't understand the gear progression in this game (if there is any) because I have my vest I got from around level 10 lets say, and I'm level 14 now and none of the gear looks noticeably better. I understand the ones that cost more have more sockets in them but I have those sea urchin things from splatfest to use to save me some cash. I just unlocked the paintball helm and bought it mainly because it looks cool. But anyways if someone could give me a better understanding of what stats/gear I should aim for that would help a lot. If this means anything I usually main the Tentakek Splattershot or something similar to that type.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805617-splatoon/71923500

"You can randomly obtain new clothing from the shops everyday by buying them, or you can order them through Spyke by talking to people in the main hub of the game and ordering the clothing that they wear. As you level up higher and higher, you will start seeing tier 2 and tier 3 clothing appear in the shops. Keep in mind that it is a lot more expensive to buy clothing ordered through Spyke than it is from the shops, but since the shops update their stock randomly, you can get exactly what you want through Spyke."

Basically once you're level 20 you just get the gear that has abilties and brands that you want to use with your weapon.

horizons889

Inkling
Hmm ok, I've been stacking 2 increased swim speed main stats on my head and boots. not sure if that works. Anyways, I've been seeing a really cool armor set its that bulky futuristic one and I wanted it so bad but I found out its only if you buy the amiibo. =/ bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom